Baptisms..

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
I didn't really know where to post this, and even if it's a bit early.. it's one of the worries on my mind I guess and I wanted to see what you all had to say.

I'm Catholic & so is my boyfriend, we're having a baby but we're not married. We both attended Catholic schools and want to have our baby baptized, attend a Catholic school, go to church, etc. But because my priest is VERY old fashioned (and a bit scary.. okay A LOT scary and sort of mean?), I won't even go to my church now that I'm pregnant, lol. So my boyfriend and I are on the lookout for a new church with a younger or more liberal-minded priest.. but we're still worried that baby won't get baptized.

Anyone? This is important to us, and our families also.

My first nephew was baptized. At the time my sister was a single Mum. His was done at a Methodist church.

Hi hun,
I am Catholic and my hubby is too.
We had our first son before we were married and our priest was great and agreed to the Baptism.
It was obvious to him that we felt it important to have our son baptised and he respected and understood that.

Is there any way you could broach it with your priest?

I am catholic and where not married and the catholic church usually takes anyone in no matter what their circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->