Barbles had a baby - Jacob Roy born 10/07/11

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
Well ladies my little man Jacob Roy was born on Sunday 10th July 2011 at 12.56pm weighing 8lbs 1.5oz. The labour was quick and brilliant in all honesty, I literally couldnt have asked for better.
On the Saturday, i had a mad urge to clean so clean I did. Scrubbed the kitchen, the bathroom, bleaching everywhere, scrubbing etc. That started off the BH and back ache so took it easy for the rest of the day. In the evening went to see Trasnformers and had BH coming every 4 minutes during the film but were reletively painless. I did say to OH about them but got home and they stopped and I slept well all night.

Sunday mornin I woke around 6 as my daughter was trying to climb into our bed. I got out for a wee and had a poo too. Went back to bed and just couldnt get comfy and felt a bit crampy so gave up and went back downstairs around half 6, made a cup of tea and settled infront of supernanny and made a moany status on FB about being up so early.

By 7am I had had my first contraction and pooed some more, OH came down around 10 past 7 wondering what was up and I told him I really thought the baby was on the way.

Started my little thread on here about possibly being in labour and got into the bath around half 8 which made the contactions more intense and closer together but not lasting as long. OH still couldnt quite believe I was in labour and thought it would be hours yet Stood up in the bath to wash my hair with the shower and trickle trickle went my waters, as I was in the shower I wasnt 100% lol but I came out put a pad on and the gushes kept coming.

I started timing them properly and they were coming around every 5 minutes and lastin 50-60 seconds and were getting worse. Rang the on-call midwife who said she would be here within the hour to check me and my BP (I had issues in the pregnancy). OH dispaeared off to tescos to get batteries, drinks, etc all the stuff we hadnt got yet and then while on my own it really stepped up a gear. I rang my mum who got there is record time to find me drapped over the sofa mid contraction which where now coming every 3 minutes and lasting over a minute. The midwife arrived, who ended up coming to hospital and delivering Jacob, took my BP which was high and examined me, I was 3-4cms and still thick but stretchy and she gave me a sweep. Well after that it got intense, contractions were coming every 2 minutes and were getting very painful, I kept telling myself to man up and that it would get a lot worse as I was only 4 cms but the MW told me I was doing really well, I think she knew I wasnt going to be long. Was all ready to get to this hospital, just one problem, OH and my daughter was still at Tescos MW suggested I really get him home lol and then he arrived home and off we went. Car journey was agony and contactions were literally on top of each other.

Got to the ward about half 11, put in a room and handed G&A and relief, not that it stopped the pain but I concentrated everything I had on breathing in that air. It all just went from there, MW didnt bother to examine me anymore and was brilliant and told me to just go with the flow, contractions got more and more intense and before i knew it I was pushing with them so got told to go with the flow. I was on my knees and holding on to the head of the bed, a postion I would highly recommend, I couldnt lie down as it hurt more, this position really eased some of the pressure. After about 20 minutes of absolute silent pushing him down a bit, I literally didnt make a peep while pushing, the pressure got ridiculous and I pushed with all my might and he slid out all in one go with his cord wrapped around his whole body and his hand on his face at 12.56pm. They classed my labour from when my waters went so around 4 hours

He was fine and screamed as he was born but he very quickly got cold and was a bit gaspy so was quickly whisked off to Neo-natal with daddy to be put under a hot cot to warm up a bit and have some oxygen. I had only held him for a few minutes and then he was gone. The MW was lovely, brought me my tea and sorted a bath so after about an hour and half I was able to walk up to neo-natal where he was fine and getting ready to be brought back to me anyways. We had to stay in overnight to be observed, me for my high BP and Jacob for his temp and blood sugar levels.

I breastfed whilst in hospital but he is a real sucker and was just latching for comfort and my nipples were so sore and bleeding so he is now on bottles and has a dummy and he is thriving on it.

The last week has flown by, Jacob is absolutely fine, he lost a little weight and went down to 7lbs11oz but he is feeding well, has a bottle every three hours and he is sleeping fairly well at night. My BP is still up so Im being observed for it, still havent been put on meds yet but it is an option which is looking likely.

I am so inlove, I cant believe I have been blessed which two children who are beautiful and wonderful as they are.

And here he is, Jacob...(well done for getting to the end) the first picture he is a couple of hours old, the second was taken today.

Attachments

• jacob 008.jpg
    jacob 008.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Jacob 2 023.jpg
    Jacob 2 023.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 20
Congrats! :happydance:

What a gorgeous little guy!!

Hope your BP settles down soon :hugs:

Congratulations, I love his hair!!
Hope your BP settles.

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad you made it! Hope the bp is going down, mine has gone down a fair bit :) He is lovely xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->