Barium Meal

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
I have to have one of these on friday and i'm pretty apprehensive. Have read the leaflet they provided me with but i'm still really scared about having it :(

Has anyone had one and could you please tell me what to expect?

Did you buy the Rayvac kit? If so, do NOT leave the bathroom. Had a barium enema a couple of years ago, the prep kit REALLY cleans you out. :hug: You'll be fine. But you'll be glad when it's over.

It's to look at the upper intestinal tract and stomach etc so i have to drink a litre or two of the mixture i think. But i have a really strong gag reflex so i'm kinda worried i won't be able to

Might be different for preparation than what I had. I had to take the day off before hand to drink a sweet tasting mixture and put a pill up my ***. Which had me sitting on the toilet for the rest of the night.

My test included what resembled a garden hose on full tilt jammed up my toosh while the technician was giving orders to move "Left, Right, Back, Front" while trying to keep this hose up there. Very uncomfortable.

Did you buy the Rayvac kit? If so, do NOT leave the bathroom. Had a barium enema a couple of years ago, the prep kit REALLY cleans you out. :hug: You'll be fine. But you'll be glad when it's over.

Hon - she is having a barium MEAL not a barium ENEMA! Totally different ends of the body! I have had both.
The meal is fine hun. They ask you to take the drink and it makes you want to belch, but you can't. Then they takes some x-rays of you GI tract in different positions (upright, lying down etc) and thats it. Then you can gice a great big lady like belch and it's all over!! Only takes a few minutes. Just feels like you've downed a pint of coke thats all.
Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->