Basal Body Thermometer or Ovulation Tests?

Meshuggah

Reaction score
Hey guys, im new to this so bear with me if this is a common question. I have been not trying but not preventing pregnancy for the past three years and have not become pregnant. My boyfriend and I have decided to take things more seriously and make a real effort to become pregnant. I have slightly irregular periods, and I am wondering what would be the best choice for me: Basal Body Thermometer or the Ovulation predictor tests? I appreciate the help :thumbup:

I would say both if you can. Temping only confirms that you have ovulated after the fact. The OPKs predict it. So they really work together to help you confirm that you ovulated when you think you did. You can get cheap OPKs online and then when you think it's positive, confirm with a digital since they are more expensive. That's what I do and I think a lot of ladies on here do that. Best of luck!! Baby dust!

I would say both!!! Definatly !!!

But if you ain't being using protection for 3 years I would be going too my docters and telling them I've being trying for over a year and get all the tests done

Fact is if you have irregular cycles your probley not ovulating and may need clomid xx

Thanks guys. I have been going to a gynecologist for the past six months, but have not been taken seriously due to the fact that I am younger. My cycles used to be pretty irregular, but now are pretty regular. She says to give it time and that nothing is wrong, but has not done any tests other than an ultrasound, which shows a 3cm cyst on my ovary that she is sure will go away on it's own. I find it very frustrating and am feeling very hopeless :nope:

Don't feel hopeless hunnie !!! If you have the money for a private fertlty app I would go they would normally start you off on clomid for 3 month then femera for 3 months if still no pregnancy then iui & ivf is the way forward has your hubby's sperm being testedx

What are some good, cheap brands of opks that you can buy online? I too would be new to trying these. Thanks! And good luck Meshuggah!

What are some good, cheap brands of opks that you can buy online? I too would be new to trying these. Thanks! And good luck Meshuggah!

I use the wondfos you get on amazon for super cheap and the I confirm with a digital when it looks positive. The digital may not be necessary but makes me feel better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->