Basic Metabolic Rate and Exercise. Help!

shellideaks

Mummy to 4
Reaction score
I've never even heard of BMR before but after reading about it in another thread, I researched what mine is. I've checked 5 different websites and they all say my BMR is around 1550 - 1600 calories per day.

I've been eating 1400 calories most days since starting my diet last week and have been disappointed with my weight loss so far as I've been exercising as well.

So my question is, do I need to up my calories to the BMR amount in order to lose weight more effectively? And what about when I burn more exercising, do I replace the calories burnt doing that too? I'm so confused :wacko:

You need to eat more than your bmr, and never below. Work out your tdee (the calories you would need to eat to maintain your weight) and eat –15% or –20%.
I recommend this website
https://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering! I worked out my TDEE earlier and to maintain it was 2174. I've just checked again on the website you've linked and got the same amount so it definitely looks like the 1400 calories I was eating, isn't enough. I'm gonna up it to 1700 and see how I go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->