Bates Motel

Lief

Reaction score
"Bates Motel" is a contemporary prequel to the genre-defining film "Psycho," and gives a portrayal of how Norman Bates' (Freddie Highmore) psyche unravels through his teenage years. Fans discover the dark, twisted backstory of Norman Bates and how deeply intricate his relationship with his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga), truly is.

^^ From IMDB

Has anybody been watching? I've only started recently and so far so good. It started a bit weird but I'm into it now and quite enjoy it. The guy that plays Norman Bates is kinda irritating though, I'm not sure why. I think it's his voice (English putting on an American accent) and certain mannerisms. He's really good as Norman though, the creepy stare when Norman goes off to his own little world is great, just like in the Psycho movies.

I watched the whole first season and I loved it. I love Viera Farmiga! She's so crazy! The brother is very nice looking hehe. I find Norman to be really creepy but that's the whole point. Can't wait for season 2 on netflix

I love it. I found it weird how it's quite old fashioned and gives the impression it's in the past but they have iphones lol.
I think Vera Farmiga is brilliant in it.

I love it. I found it weird how it's quite old fashioned and gives the impression it's in the past but they have iphones lol.
I think Vera Farmiga is brilliant in it.
Yeah lol I found this a bit weird at first, I thought it was going to be set in the past but then I seen the iphone and thought Oooh. It works though.

She is great, I love the part where she's at the meeting and suddenly tells the guy over the mic that he's a dick, quite funny. She looks so unsure at first but then just lets go.

One of the best shows on TV, I am hooked!

Ah I so wish I had caught this!! Hope netflix gets it.

It's on the American netflix, I think - you can download a browser add on to switch to the American one.

Season 1 is on Netflix but season 2 [which I think just ended or is about to end??] isn't yet - I've been avoiding spoilers like no body's business because I haven't been able to watch any of the second :haha:

I think it's a great show and I agree - it's a bit odd that it's set in present day but they make it look old timey and technically is should be set in the 70's? [I think] as that's when Psycho was.. odd but still a great show :)

as much as id like to watch this ive just discovered that the lad in it is out of arthur and the invisibles! theres no way i can watch it now it would ruin the kids film and freak me out seeing him grown up

as much as id like to watch this ive just discovered that the lad in it is out of arthur and the invisibles! theres no way i can watch it now it would ruin the kids film and freak me out seeing him grown up

Yes, and also Charlie from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Quite a shift in roles for Freddie Highmore.

I LOVE Arthur and the invisibles lol but after the initial surprise when I saw it was him I didn't think about it again. He's actually very good in it.

Poor Fredie, he shares the unfortunate plight of all child actors - nobody wants to see them grow up.

Loving season 1 at the moment on Netflix. Does anyone know when season 2 comes out on Netflix (UK)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->