Bathing with babe

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hiya,
Might sound stupid, but i have never bathed with Hollie and would really like to, but how do you do it? And can you give yourself a proper wash?

I know not to have the water too hot and im gonna be using her johnsons baby bath so soap wont go all over her, so any hints or tips?! xxx

Oooh, good question! I was looking to do this with Charlie so I shall await any responses!

Easy way is to run the bath how you like it, get yourself washed ect and then when the water has cooled down enough for LO get your OH to strip them off and bring them up then you can bath LO and when you want to get out, shout your OH to grab LO while you get out. You can get them out yourself but id be worried of slipping.

Hey i bath with mason its fab i love it and sooo much easier than 2 baths lol..its pretty easy the first time i was freaking as they are so wriggly lol

i just fill the bath normally and put his organics baby bath stuff in as i like the smell haha...he likes it quite warm so that helps that im not freezing haha

Stick the bath toys in and i just carry mason and i get in the bath...once in the bath i just hold him under the armpits and let him "swim"...he LOVES it kicking his legs and splahing around!...

when coming to washing him i just sit him on my legs like facing away from me and hold him with 1 hand and wash with another, BUT watch out they get slippery mason went under once...i freaked he didnt seem to mind tho :haha:

As i BF Mason sometimes "finds" his food and will have a wee snack too, thats quite randum :haha:

Hope it helps :):)

edit - ooooh yeah forgot to say i get washed first then bring mason in haha

i used to get in, oh pass baby in, id wash baby and let her splash about then oh would take her out and id add more hot water and i would stay in and have a bath myself

Ok i cant get anyone to bring hollie to me a im a single mummy and live on my own, but what i did was, got the water how i like it, hollie likes he rbaths quite warm, i got us both in it, i sat her facing me on my legs we played for abit, put her in the water and let her "swim" then when it came to washing, i wased both of us, was bit tricky holding her like as you say she gets slippery, but i couldnt wash my hair, so will have to have a shower in morning to wash my hair, but she seemed to love i though xxx

I like baths with DD, and when DH was at a conference - I lifted her out with two wet towels/flannels to combat her being so slippery! Really helps

You could strip her off and place her on the bathroom floor on some towles (if your bathroom is walm enough) for a kick while you get washed/wash you hair.

One trick i had to do while having a bath with my brother but this only worked when he was little was to lie him on my legs keeping them out of the water enough but not too much and wash my hair with a jug. As i said it only worked when he was little because as he got older he wanted to be sat up splashing.

in the summer i would get in with Kian and wash him etc then lay him on the bathroom floor on a towel to have a kick abt and dry off while i washed (or sometimes i'd put him on the towel b4 the bath, i'd wash first then i'd get out and get him and jump back in with him) but now its winter its a bit cold for leaving him on a towel so i use one of those bath supports and have him in that facing me. i find it easiest to take a jug in to use to wash my hair (because i can't lay down to rinse shampoo off with Kian sitting in the support in front of me). then we both get out together.

heres the bath support i use https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Bathing/Bath-Safety/Ergonomic-Baby-Bath-Support-Seat(0034368)

Easy way is to run the bath how you like it, get yourself washed ect and then when the water has cooled down enough for LO get your OH to strip them off and bring them up then you can bath LO and when you want to get out, shout your OH to grab LO while you get out. You can get them out yourself but id be worried of slipping.

Yup - that's exactly what I do :thumbup:

I think I do things the difficult way, but it works for me.... lol.......

I fill the bath with his baby soap (he likes it warm and deep). Bring his towel in the washroom on the counter, and one for me on the floor. I get in holding him, then basically just wash him (and let him play while holding him.) Sometimes he gets a little slippery!!! Once we're done, I put him on his towel, and wrap myself up in my towel, then go to his room and get him all dried and dressed and stuff. I wash myself later. I works for me, but it takes more time! Oh well....

Ive not had a bath with LO yet I was thinking the water might be too cold for what im used to. Might try this when we've moved house.

I think I do things the difficult way, but it works for me.... lol.......

I fill the bath with his baby soap (he likes it warm and deep). Bring his towel in the washroom on the counter, and one for me on the floor. I get in holding him, then basically just wash him (and let him play while holding him.) Sometimes he gets a little slippery!!! Once we're done, I put him on his towel, and wrap myself up in my towel, then go to his room and get him all dried and dressed and stuff. I wash myself later. I works for me, but it takes more time! Oh well....

Looks like I'm also doing it the difficult way!! This is exactly what I do....lol

I don't have anyone to help me either and I don't bother washing myself when I'm in the bath with Chloe. I will have a separate shower another time. Partly because I'm still only bathing Chloe in plain water. Looking forward to after Xmas when I will start putting some yummy smelling organics in!

i used the summer infant seat last night and it was so much easier! then OH made one of her toys make a noise she was furious...what a shame, i couldn't stop laughing!

i don't wash my hair in the bath.(i didn't think anyone did these days?)

i used the summer infant seat last night and it was so much easier! then OH made one of her toys make a noise she was furious...what a shame, i couldn't stop laughing!

i don't wash my hair in the bath.(i didn't think anyone did these days?)

is it an old fashioned thing? lol i do it! i mostly have showers but if i'm having a bath i wash my hair in there :shrug:

btw u can have the water up to 37oC...i was concerned that our joint baths would b freezing 4 me but that was the temp i was told to have my birthing pool at when baby came out so obviously they r ok with that temp water. Its not a bad temp for joint bathing in.:thumbup:

I run a bath just deep enough for Leyla to have a splash in and we both get in. We have a play and I wash her. When I run out of hands (like when getting the tops of bottles), I hold her between my knees! Sounds odd, but I sit up with my legs straight out in front of me, and put her sideways on so she's between my knees, with her half sitting, half leaning back. I actually find it a great way to hold her as she can't wriggle away but she's still happy kicking her legs under the water. If I want to have a proper bath myself, I get OH to get her out then I top it up, but I was actually surprised by how warm baby baths are so it's not too bad once you're in.

I bought my son a bath seat (have to be 6 months to use it though) so I can test the water then sit him in it while I get in and have my bath. He likes a warm bath so I dont have to make it too cold for me. I didnt start bathing with my son until he was 4 months old (I should have started it sooner, he likes it and it gives me a chance to relax in the bath and wash my hair) so I guess you might need to keep the bath cooler for younger babies.

I prepare everything before, for example have her change mat, nappy, clothes etc all ready in the bathroom. I prepare anything we might need in the bath like babywash or washcloths.

I have a little heater I use if it's cold to warm the room up. We have the bath temp at 37.5 (I have a little thermometre, it says you can go upto 38 degrees).

My DH works away so 90% of the time I'm by myself. I'd say an anti-slip bath mat is really important. When she was tiny I used to half drain the bath and put her bath support in so put her in whilst I got out. Now she's bigger I just lie her on a pile of towels on the floor then get out.

I wash my hair every other day, so I tend to bathe with Sofia on the day I'm not washing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"