sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
What bathroom cleaners are safe to
Use during pregnancy I used to use
Vim with bleach but the smell is way
Too strong for me now so what should
I use

Bathroom cleaners were too strong smelling for me before pregnancy!! You can use baking soda and vinegar to clean the toilet bowl. If you want a scent, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice into the mixture.

Here is some link to natural alternatives to using cleaners:

https://eartheasy.com/live_nontoxic_solutions.htm

Shaklee products are AWESOME! totally safe, no icky smell and they work great! I bought a bunch when we started TTC and I am so glad I did! They DO cost a bit more, but you don't need very much, so it really works out to about the same per use. Highly highly recommend!

Vinegar mixed with water is a good alternative and one I use the most while pregnant for counter tops. It also works well on porcelain, like toilets and tubs. For tougher jobs, powdering the surface with baking soda, then adding vinegar and scrubbing off with a padded sponge or toothbrush works wonders. If you need to clean the bathroom mirror, spray it with plain water and then use crumpled newspaper to wipe it down. With floors I just use soap with warm water. Bleach should definitely be avoided during pregnancy.

What bathroom cleaners are safe to
Use during pregnancy I used to use
Vim with bleach but the smell is way
Too strong for me now so what should
I use

Where are you? I'm in the UK and use ecover a natural cleaning product. I only ever use natural products now as I cannot stand non natural ones hurts my throats so bad xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->