baths while ttc?

AMAS86

Pregnant with #4!
Reaction score
It just dawned on me that taking a bath while ttc my not be a wise choice. Water can creep up there and flush the sperms out and or kill them. Has anyone heard of this? I really want to take a bath, but I am 1dpo and now worried about baths harming the sperms lol. Did any of you take a bath during your most fertile time and still concieve? I didn't soak at all last month and I ended up pregnant but it ended with mc the 1st :(

It just dawned on me that taking a bath while ttc my not be a wise choice. Water can creep up there and flush the sperms out and or kill them. Has anyone heard of this? I really want to take a bath, but I am 1dpo and now worried about baths harming the sperms lol. Did any of you take a bath during your most fertile time and still concieve? I didn't soak at all last month and I ended up pregnant but it ended with mc the 1st :(

I would wait at least 24 hours before you take a bath, I mean by 24 hours all the sperm is up inside you and safe. everything else has already absorbed into your vagina lining. I really don't think taking a bath is going to hurt anything...I took baths when I concieved my son, but I always took showers until about 24 to 48 hours after intercourse. I don't know though, maybe someone else will have some better advice...hahah

I would think the best swimmers and alpha sperm should have passed through your cervix the past 24 hours before your bath. I'm not sure how much a warm bath would affect your chances even on the same day as they thrive in warm wet environments. I think you'd have to really wash yourself up there with soapy water to have much of an impact. I know men have to stay away from hot baths as it lowers sperm count! Good luck!

We have a strong chlorine smell in our water and no doubt that would kill sperms on contact lol. Well I just went to potty and I had TONS of ewcm so now I'm unsure if I have ovulated yet or not. I had ewcm 13 and 14 along with a +opk on the 14th. Dry yesterday and now here I am flooded with ewcm. Last month when I concieved, we just went with the flow and didn't worry about when ovulation was. This can be mentally draining lol

We have a strong chlorine smell in our water and no doubt that would kill sperms on contact lol. Well I just went to potty and I had TONS of ewcm so now I'm unsure if I have ovulated yet or not. I had ewcm 13 and 14 along with a +opk on the 14th. Dry yesterday and now here I am flooded with ewcm. Last month when I concieved, we just went with the flow and didn't worry about when ovulation was. This can be mentally draining lol

Wow that must be some chlorine-sorry you have to contend with that sheesh. Ovulation has always been tricky for me to and I highly recommend charting if your able. Takes the guess work out of when ovulation occurs. Not sure about you but cm was never consistent enough for me to use as a sign for ovulation.

Yeah we have to put solution in with our clothes to keep the water from bleaching them :/ and taking showers, geez we have horrible dry skin from it. I will be glad when we move. I think it's so strong because we live right down the road from the water treatment plant. My CM is normally a tell tell sign. This month it confuses me. I can't temp because I never get enough sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->