BAW Monday!

I agree with you 100%. We live in my FIL's home.(which is why DH wanted to ask FIL if we could have a baby in the house) So, technically, yes we have a house. lol It's very hard these days and the only reason my SIL has a house is because my MIL bought it for her. DH and I spend about $700 a month in just gas commuting to and from work (we live an hour away from where we work) - that's almost a mortgage payment. And working (or living) closer isn't an option the pay is considerably less where we live and living is considerably higher where we work. lol Quite the dilemma! I don't know what the market is like in England, but here the cheapest house we can find is $350,000, that's just for a 2 or 3 bedroom. The majority of the houses are in the $400K's and above.

To be honest, my FIL couldn't afford everything on his own - we supplement what he cannot.

so you've got the best of both worlds...that sounds good to me! Having a house bought for you is really generous though - can MIL not buy DH a house as well....fair's fair and all that?!?!?

350k is about 170k here.....in the area that i am in, you'd get a 2 bedroomed semi-detached house.....glad we bought ours when we did though....

re the gas though - eek! my hubby had a similar bill until he started working from home....plus we now have a diesal car which doesn't guzzle the stuff either!

sigh, wish life didn't all come down to money.....:cry:

am off home now Chris....hope the rest of your day does not drag too much...

:hugs:

Well MIL is doing something similar for us - if she buys the house, then the house will be in DH's and MIL's name only - I wasn't okay with this and neither was DH, so she's going to give us some $$ to help out, this way the house will be in DH and my name. We've talked about buying my FIL's house and having him rent to us to supplement the mortgage.

I hear ya about life coming down to money. :cry: It's really amazing that people are able to live and have a life at all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->