BBT and fan question

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Doingit4us, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Doingit4us

Doingit4us Well-Known Member

Evening ladies! My BBT on yesterday was 98.4. I had the ceiling fan on all night. This morning I woke up and my BBT had dropped to 97.4. I had a floor fan on last night. Could that drop my temp that low? I'm not due for AF until the 17th. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. angelgirl86

angelgirl86 Well-Known Member

If it's colder in your room than it usually is then yes it can affect it but if you didn't feel any different than you normally do when you wake up temperature wise then maybe not. Best of luck!

3. lisaf

lisaf Super tired new mom

Its possible, but I also know I'm more likely to sleep with my mouth open if the fan is on for some reason and that DEFINITELY lowered my temp (I did a whole month where I temped both vaginally and orally (I had 2 thermometers, don't worry, lol!!) - my oral temp fluctuated a lot more than my vaginal!).

could also be implantation dip if you're 8dpo?

4. nevertogether

nevertogether NTNP #1

i'm with lisa - i was thinking implantation dip maybe!

5. Doingit4us

I had the ceiling fan on last night, but I fell asleep on the couch. Didn't wake up until 2 then went back to sleep. I still took my temp at 5:15, it was 98.2. Should I discard it? Im going to try to hold off testing until Mon. I have a fertility appt on Tues to discuss IUI. It would be wonderful to be able to tell them their services are no longer needed...lol

6. lisaf

lisaf Super tired new mom

Hard to say if you should discard it... waking up at 5:15 after wakign up at 2am isn't the ideal amount of 'uninterrupted sleep' that they want to see. Wait and see what tomorrow is before deciding if you should discard it.

7. nevertogether

nevertogether NTNP #1

actually, they ask for three hours of uninterrupted sleep. 2:00am - 5:15am is just over that.

8. Doingit4us

Morning ladies. I actually took my temp at 6:15 not 5:15. Today I got a temp of 98.3 :happydance: It's staying high. It usually drops right before AF. We shall see. Thank u ladies !