BBT Chart Confusion - Update: finally ovulated!

knobby

Reaction score
This was my first month of consistent charting and using opks (clearblue digital). Took temp 8:30 every morning. I sleep with my mouth open so for better consistency I took my temp vaginally.

I have no idea if i actually ovulated or not. I thought I had a good ovulation dip CD 28 and temp rise the day after. I even had ovulation pain CD 28 - right ovary stabbing pain every 30 seconds or so for a few hours in the afternoon. But my temp is not staying up. And fertility friend can't seem to figure it out either.

I also check my saliva ferning which has been full ferning every day (=high estrogen) and has not gone away. Since estrogen is not going down, I am afraid my progesterone level is not rising.

Has anyone else ever seen this in their charts?
Better yet, has anyone ever ended up with a BFP despite a confusing chart like this?

I'm feeling really bummed out. We really tried hard this cycle as you can see!

My chart:
https://i57.tinypic.com/28b9v0m.jpg

Looks like this cycle may be anovulatory. I would keep temping, and if you find that you have a couple cycles without ovulating, go see your doctor for help. At least you know what may be the reason behind not getting pregnant. Best of luck!

Ugh it's horrible when your temps don't match your other signs!! There are def ladies who never saw a shift on their chart and still got a bfp. Keep trying and I hope your temps over the next couple days are up and can confirm ovulation! :hugs:

Thank you both for your responses. I am afraid it is an anovulatory cycle but I am holding onto a sliver of hope.

My temp jumped a little today but not enough.

https://i60.tinypic.com/2dlrjap.jpg

It doesn't look like you have O'ed yet but there is certainly still time! If you can, try and bd every other day for the next week or so just so u don't miss a possible chance. I see many women O very late all the time or even random times. Actually both of my bffs just got preggers and didn't ovulate until CD35+. They both had their last periods 2 months before their BFP's and their bfps actually both didn't come until 30+dpo! They weren't keeping track or trying so that's just a guestimate but it was right around those days. Its weird how it happened for both of them at the same time & I get diagnosed with my only tube being blocked a wk and a half later. Craziness! Anyways, my point is, ur body could still O this cycle.

Also, I have seen bfp charts like urs as well. They looked like annovulatory charts but ended up with a bfp! The temps just didn't change much or they had high pre O temps so they're post O temps didn't look like much of a shift. I have learned, ANYTHING is possible while ttc! :) I hope u end up O'ing if u haven't already! FX it all works out for u :)

Tomorrow ill look at ur chart again. As I sit here and look at it, it kind of does look like a possible O on CD28 but it'll be easier to tell after a few more temps. I do see u have been trying super hard this cycle so alls I can say is keep up the good work and I pray u ovulate! If for some reason u dont, u could look into trying vitex for next cycle. I actually started it this cycle and I was O'ing in CD9-CD12 (usually CD11) and bcuz of the vitex, I actually didn't O until CD14-15 this month! Yay! Lol. But in ur case it'd help u O earlier. It helps balance out hormones ALL NATURALLY and there are no known bad side affects and it can also be used to help women ovulate. (its like clomid in a way but it doesn't add any hormones into ur body, the vitex just regulates ur natural hormones). I only take 40mlgs/day because I just needed it for a little hormone fixing but for someone who isn't O'ing like they should, ive read taking 200mlgs/day to start with is best. I bought mine for $5 on amazon and it was well worth it! Idk if ill get Prego bcuz of my blocked tube but it has helped my cystic breasts and everything like that so far and I had the darkest opk everrr this cycle!!! Just wanted to throw the idea of vitex out there for u to look into if u want :) good luck hun!
sry I rambled on lol...if u want to google vitex, there's TONS of stuff on it :)

Thank you aidensmommy1. I actually tried vitex for 2 cycles. My body didn't like it though. I had a period that lasted only 1.5 days on it. And the other cycle I only had brown discharge for about 5 days. So I either didn't ovulate on it or it drastically thinned my lining.

I used red raspberry leaf to shorten my cycle before. It worked, but I wanted to get a cycle charted without doing anything to see how I did on my own. Kind of regretting that now! :dohh:

On the upside, my estrogen seems to be going down. I only had partial ferning this morning (saliva). So hopefully I will see some higher temps.

Good, I hope so! I have seen charts with a downward slope right after O and then it goes back up 3-5dpo so hopefully that's what urs will do and FF will more than likely figure it out for u too after more temps if u have O'ed :) FX!

Also, if u ever try vitex again, IF your body can handle it, try it for 3 cycles. I heard for some women it can take 3months before it actually regulates because it may mess things up for the first month or two while ur hormones fix themselves. For me it only took the 10 day minimum to work but I usually have very short cycles so I'm kinda the opposite of u. Either way, my fingers are crossed that u get ur bfp asap!

@aidensmommy1, yeah I knew it took three months for vitex to adjust, but with the 1st cycle being bad and the 2nd being worse than the 1st, I couldn't imagine the 3rd cycle on it magically being better. In that time my cycle was not shortened. Also while on it I had an intense appetite which is not normal at all for me. I usually have self control with food and for those 2 months I had no self control; I was craving food that bad. After stopping vitex my appetite returned to normal. I think my body just does not respond well to it and I didn't want to continue and hope it would get better at the risk of it not and jeopardizing any chance to conceive.

My chart today with another small temp rise:

https://i62.tinypic.com/6xrmh0.jpg

Why don't you put your chart in your signature? Aidensmommy1 can help walk you through it. That way we can all stalk without you having to add it yourself.

Is this your first anovulatory cycle? Have you talked to a doctor about it. There are several ways to get those eggs to mature/release.

I don't know that this cycle is anovulatory at all. I had positive opks and ovary pain with a temp dip and rise. My estrogen stayed raised after these ovulation signs and may account for the temp staying down for a couple days. Since my saliva ferning has been going away (=estrogen level dropping) my temp is coming back up (which may mean progesterone is finally taking over). Despite having long cycles (about 32-40 days) I have always had normal periods so I have no reason to believe I have had any anovulatory cycles in the past. I have had a couple transvaginal ultrasounds in the recent past. My ovaries are normal and healthy with no cysts and my uterus is healthy and normal too.

And no problem, I will add the link to my chart in my sig. The reason I am posting my chart directly in this thread is because if anyone sees this thread in the future they can easily see my chart. I have been searching for posts about charts in the forum and although someone may include the link to their chart in their post, sometimes the stats are gone and it is a blank chart or the account is deleted. Or if the post is years old you need to go back and find the chart they were referring to in their post. Or worse people in their posts tell everyone that the link to their chart is in their sig, but since they wrote their post their sig has changed and no longer contains the link. So the entire thread becomes useless and a waste of time for anyone that is reading it months or years after it was posted. And I don't want to do that.

I may have figured out an explanation for the dip...

A. This is your Corpus Luteum dip. This is NOT at all related to an implantation dip. You will see this dip happen at (some women) between 2- to 5 days past ovulation. This is when your estrogen dips (drops) and your Corpus Luteum takes over produce more progesterone. Notice how after the dip your temp will shoot back up? - See more at: https://www.amandabears.com/faq.html#.U0Rg3Se9KSN

This seems to be inline with my saliva ferning patterns.

I found an example of a corpus luteum dip here: https://www.cafemom.com/group/30079/forums/read/13465219/My_Chart_today_Professional_Opinions_Needed

Fingers crossed it is just a corpus luteum dip!

I finally ovulated on cd 41 and am now 6dpo! Guess my body likes to do a practice run first. Not sure how good my chances of conceiving are with such a late ovulation but we did BD the day before and day of :) Fingers crossed!

https://i59.tinypic.com/sncm84.jpg

Yay ovulation! Good luck knobby, looks like you have a good chance :)

I forgot all about this thread. Good call on posting your charts within the thread, but I'm also glad it's now in your signature. :)

Yay for ovulation!! That's good too that everything checks out normally. Everybody's different so I was just throwing out suggestions. C'mon baby dust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->