BBT chart & hormones

SarahLou372

TTC #2 with PCOS
Reaction score
Hi ladies :hi:

Can anyone help please?? Ive started my first BBT chart again this cycle but I’m confused by it since it’s going up quite a bit every morning and I’ve taken my temp the same time every morning before getting out of bed plus my af is on day 4 but it’s light! :-k:-k

Also I’ve been to the doctors as i have pcos and to have my son I had to have letrozole, metformin, and trigger shot however my doctor has said that my hormones have come back normal! :-k Apart from my folate levels which they have put me on folic acid tablets for

4D7BDC28-29A9-4974-8EFC-FB1E244D9C03.png 781D2720-4700-4DAC-83DD-32745658686F.jpeg

You maybe sick or got a cold? I had a similar situation this month, but I got a small cold.
My BT was 36,7 Celsius on that specific date, (even though it is never passes 36.3 C before ovulation) and later on, when I ovulated, it was 36,5 Celsius.
However, I do not use any med, nor have any experience with it, so I do not know is this case of yours may be a consequence of it.

First off, welcome to the wonderful, wacky world of charting! I too have PCOS, and I promise you, charting will change the game for you because it will show you what your body really is doing every month.

So...without seeing a chart for last month I couldn't tell you much other than not to worry too much about what your temps are doing during your period. In order for AF to come your temp has to drop because progesterone falls. Your temps should stay pretty low until closer to ovulation time, but a lot of people have wildly fluctuating temps during AF. Keep temping and look for your body's pattern over time. You may have just been hotter during the nights which is perfectly fine, or like pp said, a slight cold. Again, you want to focus on the pattern over time. Keep taking your temps as usual, I'm sure you'll see a good pattern over the next few days.

What other tests did your doctor run? Were they done on CD 3? Doing them randomly at any point in your cycle isn't very helpful when you are TTC and especially with PCOS.

You need FSH and LH to both be run on CD3 for a good picture of their ratio to determine egg quality, and with PCOS an AMH would be helpful as well. With PCOS, LH is important and so is prolactin because elevated LH can delay or hinder ovulation on it's own. AMH tells you how many follicles in your ovaries are secreting the Anti-mullerian hormone which gives you an idea of how many active follicles you have, and FSH tells you how your ovarian reserve looks.

You need a CD3 ultrasound of your ovaries to see if you've got any cysts on them, and maybe bet an AFC (antrial follicle count) to see how many small follicles are present. This is the absolute best way to determine the severity of your PCOS from an anatomical standpoint. The LH, FSH and AMH tell the rest of the story with regard to how many eggs you have at this point and their quality.

Progesterone should only be tested after ovulation and isn't helpful at any other point in your cycle on it's own. With the charting you'll be able to see when and if you ovulate on your own. I am a charting advocate because even when you can't afford to get all the testing done, you can still use it to see what's going on with your body.

I'm always so long winded when I respond, I'm sorry! I hope some of this was helpful to you and I wish you the best!

Thank you to both of you ladies :flower:

I have had a cold for the past week which is wearing off now, no need to apologise for the long reply it's nice to know someone took the time to read and reply :flower: i have my referral letter for fertility at the gynaecology clinic so tomorrow i will phone up and book my appointment slot so I shall know when my first appointment is by tomorrow :happydance::happydance: i had help to conceive my son so hopefully they can help again this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->