BBT Charting Questions

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
Hi All,

So this month was my first month Charting my BBT. Just a few questions.

I started at CD1- My temps were on the high end (Post-ovulatory temps) all the way up until the end of my AF. Then they dipped down (96.7-97.0). I got a positive OPK on CD18 and then my temp jumped up 0.6 degrees on CD20 - so a for sure O!

I'm just wondering if it's normal to have post-ovulatory high temps all the way through AF? About 7 days worth. Is this a good sign that my luteal phase is okay? (p.s. last cycle was whacky- no pos OPK and a 42 day cycle (probably due to the MC)) but I'm starting to think i did O if my temps were that high at cd1.

Also- my temps are in the high 96 degrees in the follicular phase and then only in the mid-high 97's in the luteal phase - are these temps too low? I know that low temps can indicate a thyroid issue.

any insight would be great!

Hi! I've heard that about temps as well. However, I'd say as long as you do have higher/high enough temps above the coverline in the luteal phase and no spotting in the lp that your progesterone is fine. I'm not sure about a thyroid issue though. You can search the charts for ladies with low pre-o and low post-o temps who did get pregnant. I think you can also search for charts that have a thyroid issue as well. If you are concerned you can get it checked and fixed if needed fairly easy I've heard.

I've also heard it's pretty normal to have high temps during af. I know a lot of women dip right before af, some dip a few days into af, and some dip when af is nearly over.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->