BBT - Do you adjust?

OvenBunWanted

Pregnant w/#1
Reaction score
Good day lovely ladies! :hugs:

So I have a quick question for all of those who temp...if you over or under sleep, do you adjust?

I've definitely improved in my consistency but accidentally flubbed up on Sunday and took my temp at 8:00am vs the usual 5:30am :dohh: My 8am temp was 36.74 Celcius so if I adjust I'm looking at a temp of 36.46...a pretty big jump. The lower temp gives me a dip on 6dpo with a rise today (36.67) but keeping it higher makes it look like my temp is going down. Damn me and the accidental sleep-in! :growlmad:

I adjust as well.
But, as long as it's just one temp, and it's not O day, I would just throw it out. Otherwise you'll be likely to interpret the meaning of an inaccurate temp. Getting all excited about a dip in temp, a rise in temp, etc. May as well just leave it out and see how the trend goes.

Yep I adjust my weekend times back to my weekday getting up time.

But when I travel to Europe I don't adjust for the 1 hour time zone difference.

I don´t, but I´m not sure how to, so that might explain it. I worry about having my arms outside the bedclothes though. If I temp all month with arms under the cover then they have to stay under until after I temp every day. If they are out one day they are out everyday. I think I may be going nuts.

I adjust if it is an hour or more off from my usual temp time.

Thanks ladies!! I generally don't mind if I'm a little off but the difference was such a big jump. Since I've given up symptom spotting I've unfortunately picked up a little obsession with my chart :blush: Oh dear...

This is why I am taking this month off of temping, lol

I adjust anything over 10 minutes, lol

Seriously, FML!

I've actually developed a bad habit of keeping my chart open at work so I can stare at it every moment that I'm not doing something else. Oh, and it's always open on my phone as well...crazy much Carrie? Why yes, I'm a total nut job! :wacko:

Well, mine has to be perfect, first thing in the morning. When I put in my temp, I must know CM and all of that good stuff at that time. Yes, I even pre-schedule the sex, so it can all go in the chart at once.:haha:

It damn near killed me to take it off my siggy this month, but a girl has to know when the chart OCD is settling in...:winkwink:

And really, for the most part, all temping does is confirm what you already know.:wacko:

Did I also mention, that I chart on 3 different sites, plus an Excel spreadsheet?:blush:

Well, mine has to be perfect, first thing in the morning. When I put in my temp, I must know CM and all of that good stuff at that time. Yes, I even pre-schedule the sex, so it can all go in the chart at once.:haha:

It damn near killed me to take it off my siggy this month, but a girl has to know when the chart OCD is settling in...:winkwink:

And really, for the most part, all temping does is confirm what you already know.:wacko:

Did I also mention, that I chart on 3 different sites, plus an Excel spreadsheet?:blush:

You win! :haha: When I first started I charted on paper and additionally logged in the notes section on my phone. Then when I started with FF I was doing all three...finally gave up and am just using FF. Congrats on taking some time off...sounds like you could use the break! :hugs:

I felt sad when my Dr wasn´t interested in my chart, she only glanced at it, how rude! DO you think that is grounds for changing Dr?

I felt sad when my Dr wasn´t interested in my chart, she only glanced at it, how rude! DO you think that is grounds for changing Dr?

That's just personal preference; if your bloods show that you OV, then they really don't need them.

:hugs:

Maybe an odd and/or stupid question but I found myself wondering today if there is a correlation between the temps themselves and the amount of progesterone? That is, do higher temps = a higher level of hormone?

Maybe an odd and/or stupid question but I found myself wondering today if there is a correlation between the temps themselves and the amount of progesterone? That is, do higher temps = a higher level of hormone?

I don't think that's an odd or stupid question - I actually wondered that myself! I'm sure one of the ladies here will be able to answer it :thumbup:.

From my understanding, since there is no "standard" for what defines a highish temp, it would really vary person to person.

But, I do think you are on to something bc my temps, last lying cycle, were as high as ever, bc the TMX overloaded my progesterone.:growlmad:

Thanks girls! I was wondering as this month I'm getting temps that are higher than the other two months I've charted. Was just thinking that maybe the supplements are helping out and my machinery is starting to get a little more efficient :winkwink: Last month was a crappy cycle with a 9 day LP and spotting. I read that this can denote lower progesterone...which is something I certainly don't want! :nope: Hoping that this month goes a little better whether it ends with a BFP or not. I need my body to reassure me that it's not broken :thumbup:

Charting and I are not the best of friends. We know each other well, but we are more like 'frenemies', lol.

LP charting is just horrible for me. I go to bed at night anticipating what my temp will be like in the morning so that I can see if it is trending higher. This anticipation then leads to insomnia. I wake up at 3 am to see if it's time to check my temp yet. Then 4. Then 4:30. Then 5.....and I'm awake. I might doze until 5:30 prior to taking my temp (and then adjusting to my usual wake time of 6), but if my temp is up, I have no idea if it's due to pregnancy, lack of sleep, or just a fluke.

I did it for several months this round of ttc, got the info that I felt I needed, and I'm basically done.

Honestly, I use it as an hpt now. I know what my AF temps are. I will temp on the day or two prior to AF. It tells me if she's coming that day or the next. Plus, looking at that really low temp, I know that I'm not pregnant, and it makes the blood I see 4 hours later much easier to deal with. I knew it was coming for sure anyway.
This is much more preferable to me.

I don't adjust temperatures and I take them very irregularly now. When I charted before having Thomas I used to be religious about the time I took my temperature and would even set an alarm to take temperature on the weekend. Since having Thomas my sleep is not so good and I often wake up early and can't get back to sleep. And if I do happen to get a lie in (very rare with a toddler) I certainly wouldn't be setting an alarm to take my temperature. My pre-pregnancy charts were possibly a bit clearer with fewer ups and downs but the general pattern is still obvious and it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference whether I take my temperature earlier or later than usual or even whether I've had a long block of sleep or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->