BBT Question

DenF

Reaction score
Hello! I am a new member but I have been reading the posts here for a few months. I have been reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learning how to chart my cycles.

I have noticed that during my luteal phase, my temp will initially spike (usually from about 97.0 to 97.7 give or take a couple tenths of a degree) then it will kind of see-saw for the rest of my cycle (anywhere from 97.8 to 97.2) with the day before my period usually 96.4 or 96.5. Is this normal? I have read a few things about inadequate progesterone causing lower than normal temps, but I have also read different sources claiming different versions of "normal" as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! =) Thanks!

You can always have your progesterone levels checked after O to make sure they're normal. Are you temping vaginally or orally?

Hello! I am a new member but I have been reading the posts here for a few months. I have been reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learning how to chart my cycles.

I have noticed that during my luteal phase, my temp will initially spike (usually from about 97.0 to 97.7 give or take a couple tenths of a degree) then it will kind of see-saw for the rest of my cycle (anywhere from 97.8 to 97.2) with the day before my period usually 96.4 or 96.5. Is this normal? I have read a few things about inadequate progesterone causing lower than normal temps, but I have also read different sources claiming different versions of "normal" as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! =) Thanks!

That in and of itself isn't necessarily indicative of low progesterone. Do you have a normal length luteal phase? As tiger said you can always get it checked but be aware a one time progesterone level check isn't always an accurate picture of your overall hormonal balance during your luteal phase. Levels change daily and even hourly with levels increasing or declining by as much as 50% depending on the time of day and even if you ate lol. Either way if you have a decent length lp and no other signs of progesterone deficiency I wouldn't be inclines to think low P straight away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->