BC...just came off...what's normal?

Princess811

Reaction score
In preparation to ntnp after our wedding in August and after being on the pill for 8 years, I finished my last BC pack on May 8. Af arrived as expected on May 11. The first cycle off the pill was exactly 28 days and af came again as expected on June 9. This current cycle has been a bit different. For most of the month I have been experiencing a bit of light pain/discomfort in my lower left side...which I suspect could be my ovary but I have bladder and gi issues too so it could be related to either of those as well. Also, twice during the month, once when I assumed I was ovulating and once earlier this week, I experienced cramping in my stomach and legs that is a bit different than typical af cramps. Now, according to my 28 day cycle af should have started yesterday but did not. However, today I have very light spotting. We used protection around the time I thought I was ovulating but did not every other time. Should I consider today day 1 of a new cycle? I'm so new at this and feel like I don't even know my body at all since I was on BC for so long! I've been very moody too. At my last visit with my urologist I told her I came off the pill and she said my body is probably all out of whack. I have an appointment with my gyno monday, but thought I'd check here first. Anyone experience/d the same sort of thing? Could I have totally messed up when I ovulated? Could I be pregnant?

I know that's a lot but thanks!

Hey, coming off the pill definitely messes your body up. I came off the pill one month before my wedding for the same reasons and periods were all over the place- had two in one month at one point!

The thing is, because everything is unpredictable you can't tell when you're going to ovulate unless your using OPK's etc so unless you want to get pregnant now you should use protection just in case. It is possible you are pregnant if you haven't used protection throughout the whole of the month. But, that said, when I came off my pill I had a lot of side effects that were also early pregnancy symptoms and so I convinced myself I was pregnant, when I wasn't so it could be the same for you.

So, the only way you're going to know for sure is if you test. Good luck :)

Thanks so much for the response O:)

Glad to know I'm not the only one! Crazy what your body does naturally! Lol

My period started this evening like normal...so I'm feeling a bit better now. We'll see what the next few months brings!

How long did it take you to conceive after coming off the pill?

You're welcome, glad af showed up. It took us 4 months to conceive. Everyone is different as I suppose it depends what pill you've been on and for how long. Best of luck :)

I was on the pill for 9 years and got pregnant the first month off of it! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->