BCP questions....

Ashes

Reaction score
Ok so I've pretty much been on BCP since I was 16. When I get off does that usually affect if it will take you longer to be conceive? I'm really tiny and have never had a regular cycle if I'm off BCPs....so can you only get preg if you have regular cycles? I'm worried that since I don't have regular cycles off the pill I can't get preg...advice please!?!?:wacko:

Regular cycles just make it easier to tell when you're ovulating, hun :) Might be a bit more difficult to get pregnant if your cycles are irregular purely because you won't know the best time to be doing the deed!

As to how long it takes, I've been on the Pill for roughly 3 years... Dreading coming off it! :hugs:

Yea I'm pretty clueless about when I'm suppose to be doing that deed when they are irregular off the pill....is that why you are dreading coming off? Bc its harder to get preg if your irregular? I'm praying that I will become regular when I gain my weight back!

If you wouldn't mind a pregnacy now too much, I'd come off the pill now and just use condoms until you're ready. This will give your hormones time to go back to normal. If you chart your temperatures as well you can also tell whether you're ovulating and whether your hormones are in a good place to support a pregnancy. If not, both can be treated in most cases so it's worth knowing.

irregular cycles make it a little more tricky to get pg simply because it's harder to tell when you're ovulating.
everytime i come off BCP my cycles go all over the place
that's why i usually find it a bit more relaxing being on it, because I end up thinking WHERES AF!?! like every month when i'm not on it.
but the length of time you are on BCP does not affect the chances of falling pg.

I haven't been off BC since I went on it, lol. I remember my cycles being pretty regular... But my God was I a moody bitch! I'm almost willing to bet I'll come off and he'll leave me a few months later because I'll just be such a cow to him, poor sod xD

Also not looking forward to the initially unpredictable periods again! I like knowing when I'm going to come on to within a few hours, lol!

If you wouldn't mind a pregnacy now too much, I'd come off the pill now and just use condoms until you're ready. This will give your hormones time to go back to normal. If you chart your temperatures as well you can also tell whether you're ovulating and whether your hormones are in a good place to support a pregnancy. If not, both can be treated in most cases so it's worth knowing.

Ok so your mentioned temperatures....can you go a little more into detail with that? I'm not too knowledgeable with that one :/ Sorry this is probably a stupid question. lol

I haven't been off BC since I went on it, lol. I remember my cycles being pretty regular... But my God was I a moody bitch! I'm almost willing to bet I'll come off and he'll leave me a few months later because I'll just be such a cow to him, poor sod xD

Also not looking forward to the initially unpredictable periods again! I like knowing when I'm going to come on to within a few hours, lol!

LOL ohmy hun. Well lets hope there is no leaving! I have no clue how I was when I was off BC since I got put on it when I was only 16 and I'm now almost 24! I did get off like twice to TTC but it didn't turn out too great so I've always stayed on the pill. HA I don't even need to get off the pill to be bitchy...I can do that pretty well on my own! :rofl: I'm moody as it is and for some reason I've been crying like 24/7. All I have to say is Lord be with my husband when we do get preggo!!! :witch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->