BCP Rant

Nik_

Reaction score
My doctor randomly changed the birth control I was taking to something completely different on me, without even telling me. I had been taking Seasonique so that I only get my period once every 3 months as I have really heavy periods with cramps that have put in me in the hospital before.

She had been giving me the sample packets that she receive as my insurance doesn't cover it and it's over $100. Since last week I've been trying to get more as my pack was ending this passed Saturday. I was finally informed yesterday that I'm now actually going to have a prescription for it and pay for it, which I don't mind doing as it's worth it. However, finding this out and not getting the prescription for it until yesterday when I needed a new pack on Sunday, was super annoying. She called the prescription in yesterday but it wasn't available until today.

When I went to pick it up today, it was something totally different. I was given a generic form of ortho tricylcen, which contains different hormones for one, is only a 28 day regimen instead of the 91 day regimen I take with Seasonique, and is triphasic and not monophasic like what I took before. Because it's triphasic I can't even just skip the week of inactive pills and start a new pack to skip my period.

I just think it's stupid. Oh, and to make matters worse, my period had started on Wednesday, had pretty much ended on Saturday with a tiny bit of spotting on Sunday. It came back full force tonight.

Hey Nik. Oy what a mess. I would definitely be calling my doctor letting them know what they filled for you is definitely not what you've been taking - it's probably going to really throw your system out of whack because you've grown accustomed to having a period every 3 months instead of every month!

Maybe they can give you another sample packet for this month then straighten out the prescription they sent to the pharmacy. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->