BDing every day Vs every other day?

Becky61

Mummy & TTC #2
Reaction score
I'm reading so many conflicting views on Google, so thought I would ask you ladies what your thoughts are...

OH & I have a very regular & active sex life. We BD everyday pretty much, with exception of my 2 heavy flow days at the beginning of my cycle. We are on our 6th month TTC.

Is BDing every day actually reducing our chances? Some experts recommend every other day?

Thanks ♡

I've been researching this too, because DH and have sex almost everyday as well, especially now that we are ttc. From what I've read there is little difference of conception between those who had sex everyday and those who had it every other day. If I remember correctly, 37% of couples got pregnant having sex everyday during their fertile window and 33% got pregnant having sex every other day. People say having sex everyday lowers sperm count, but every male is different. More sex, more chances of getting pregnant, right? Haha

I'm right with you ladies!
Last cycle we DTD every day, Morning, lunchtime and night time. This time we'll be DTD every night and no more. We'll be giving him time to make decent sperm counts. I won't be over-working my man :lol:

I think it varies dependant on the man. :)

Jeeeeeze where do u lot find the energy?!? Haha 😊

Miss406 how the heck did you fit it in 3 times a day everyday?!

Love & envy your stamina & enthusiasm!!

Oh trust me it wasn't easy with 6 children! Had to wait until they were pre-occupied with a film :lol: We've bought them Frozen for this weekend :lol:

I must also admit, was glad for my fertile window to close, we had 2 days rest :lol:

We did it everyday for 6 days and got pregnant. It's doable :)

I think every other day is only important if your oh has fertility issues.

Miss406 you're brave, I'd be worried they'd want something and come looking!

I think every other day is only important if your oh has fertility issues.

Miss406 you're brave, I'd be worried they'd want something and come looking!

The important thing is when you're picking a film for them to watch, all of them raise their hand to the same film - that's the tricky part, if you only get a few raise their hand you can guarantee it'll 1) cause arguments and 2) those who didn't raise their hand WILL come looking :lol:

This month it'll be easy though, we'll get our time when they're in bed, plus it means I don't have to quickly get up and washed, I have more chance for it to soak in as it were :rofl:

I think it's to do with sperm count isn't it. I know we do it every other because hubby used to have a low sperm count (were assuming he still does). He literally had to stop coffee and alcohol, no hot baths etc. Not sure I'd have the energy for every day anyhow though :haha:.

bding every day decreases chance alot. it took me 3 months to conceive. the first two months, we bd'ed every day during fertile days and nothing.

the third month, we only bd'd one time, on the day i THOUGHT i was ovulating (which was simple because i have a clockwork 28 day cycle) and i fell pregnant overnight. i got pregnancy symptoms as soon as conception but because i only had sex one time, i didnt think it could have happened so quickly so i didnt suspect i was pregnant at all until i got a surprise bfp at 8 dpo.

if you have sex less, sperm has a chance to grow in numbers, so instead of having 20 million sperm you may have 60 million and that increases chance by 3 times (excuse my horrible math comparison). i believe that is why it worked for us on the first try.

I used to think the more sex, the more likely it is to happen, but after researching I've found every other day is best because it gives the sperm chance to rejuvenate.

Besides, I always hear about ladies getting their BFP the month they kind of gave up or stopped trying, so wasn't having sex every day.

My DF is away tonight (we BD last night), and he will be here tomorrow night and so forth. Tempted to try every other day. Hmm decisions decisions.
I know he has had fertility tests a year ago and they came back 100% perfect, good numbers and good motility, so I am assuming there's no need to wait for his numbers to increase. I thought that was advice for men with problems.

My OH has never had an SA, but he has Chrons Disease & is on pretty strong medication for it, although we've been told it shouldn't affect his fertility, I've googled (damn google) & the advice sways either way.

We pretty much BD when we like as we don't want TTC to become love less or a chore, & I definitely don't want him to feel pressured, but we do try & steer clear of BD'ing every day just so it gives his little guys chance, in case the meds are playing a part in it.

Only if he has lower sperm counts does this matter. Every 24 hours is fine as long as his count is normal. Holding out for days then bd ks actually not good bc you get less healthy sperm. They have to have frequent and normal ejaculation.

Only if he has lower sperm counts does this matter. Every 24 hours is fine as long as his count is normal. Holding out for days then bd ks actually not good bc you get less healthy sperm. They have to have frequent and normal ejaculation.

Absolutely. :)
My DF has slightly above average sperm numbers so we're DTD every day. I'm CD14 today, expecting to ovulate tomorrow. We BD twice yesterday :oops: and we will BD once tonight too.

As does mine but we dont have the stamina to do it more than once per day. Go girl!!!!

As does mine but we dont have the stamina to do it more than once per day. Go girl!!!!

:oops: Got to make the most of it I guess, I'm 30 next year :oops: :haha:
It'll be about 6pm before my Fiancé gets home and he's already given his orders as to where I have to be! :haha: Men eh, let them think they are boss :D

We normally bd every 2-3 days, except this weekend 3 times in 48 hours, hubbys loving it lol xx

We normally bd every 2-3 days, except this weekend 3 times in 48 hours, hubbys loving it lol xx

Ha ha! :D It's weird isn't it. Last cycle we DTD at every possible opportunity, at least 3 times a day. Couldn't wait to finish my fertile window for a break.

This cycle I am restricting him to once every 24 hours, I can't wait to finish my fertile window for more BD! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->