• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beating First Trimester Fatigue

horsemommy

Reaction score
Help!! I am 7 weeks prego, and dead tired!
I have a farm, and a large property and house and tons of animals that requires constant attention.
I just can't find the energy to get up and get things done. My husband has stepped up, but it' s just so unlike me to be so tired and lacking so much motivation.

Any suggestions?

I know exactly how you feel. I've never spent so much time in bed. Usually I have to leave the house at least once a day. I could happily stay indoors all day right now. I hear that you get more energy in the 2nd trimester. Here's hoping. I'm not sure what can be done until then.

it's hard. I'm a get up and go gal, and all I want to do is lay around. It's so unlike me, even harder, people are starting to wonder what is wrong with me...I think they think I have mono! lol..

I wonder if it's better to buck up and make your self get out, or is it better to just lay around.

i would advise you to try and take is easy. our bodies are very busy - i guess baby needs rest. we're tired for a reason.
I was tired as a dog and then it cleared upa bit between weeks 9 and 10. and now it's back witha vengence..i just feel so lazy, but i'm trying to not feel bad (even though i burst in to tears earlier feeling bad that my DB is doing everything round the house. He just told me not to be silly - that I am doing a lot - I'm making a baby!!)

We must learn to listen to our bodies a bit.
Tell people you've got a cold and take it easy if you can.

I'm currently going with the laying around. It's easy to feel guilty about it, but there's a little one growing inside you and that's a big task for anyone.

Yeah I'm really tired all the time too, and I must admit I sleep 12+ hours a day. I don't really feel like doing much to be honest but I have to make a bit of effort so I at least get dressed lol.

in all the magazines and help books it says 'tiredness is universal in the first trimester', but i think it's more than 'tiredness'. i need to sleep for eleven hours at night and need to sit down and rest all the time. i don't need to sleep as such just stop running around like a mad woman! i've found that my body's now getting used to the idea of making a baby and resting intermittently. Sorry, i haven't got any advice for you!! just a lot of waffle i'm afraid! HMNNN waffles....

i jusst woke up from a 13 hr sleep :blush:

anndd

i could happily go back for the day lol :headspin:

My advise is to just go with the flow.. if your having a tired day then stay inside laze around and sleep, if you have a good "i think ill get up today" day then get up and do some stuff..

im feeling the same way as you all this is my first pregnancy and im thinking this is the toughest thing I have ever done in my life, And all the emmoins are running threw me too im lucky to also have a fiance who is wonderful and understands everything but on days off from work im not out of the bed either! And its tough to get up and go to work esp. because I work 12 hr shifts and I have not told my boss anything in fear of loosing my job, since im self employed and not protected by any laws.
I really feel in a sense as much as I hate to say it and I feel horrible this will be my only child im just going threw such a tough time ! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->