Beautiful baby Kal is here

welshprincess

mum of 3 handsome boys
Reaction score
Sorry its taken awhile to post my story but things have been hectic lol.

Ok well it all started at 3:30am on friday 11th March. I woke up to very uncomfortable contraction, not too painful but uncomfortable, to be honest didnt think much of it. For those of you that know me, know i have been getting random contractions anyways
So went back to sleep and awoke around 4:15am with another, so sat in bed with a cup of coffee and around 5:30 decided to get my head back down for a sleep, at exactly 5:45am i heared a huge pop and out came my waters with a gush, it woke my hubby up.

So we sat there for awhile and waited for my two boys to wake, at 7:20, we had breakfast i rang the labour ward and told them my waters had gone but no contractions, they still wanted me to go down due to having a c sec with my first boy, so i said i would go later. At 8:30am we took the boys to my parents and then went to tesco to get a few bits then made our wa to hospital.

We arrived there at 9:45am and was hooked to monitor, i was getting contractions around every15mmins by this point but not too strong, we stayed on monitor for half hour and i was almost fully effaced and 3cm dilated, due to thhe contractions the mw said i had to stay there and be put on the ward as it was my 3rd baby and could be quick. But was not in established labour.

So around 11:30 the contractions were coming thick and fast, i am sure the mw thought i was exagerating but she checked me at 11:45 and i was 5cm dilated and in labour so the took me back down to delivery suite where i was given gas and air, i was in agony, so painful.

At 1pm i asked for epidural but it was too late i needed to push the student mw told me, i didnt feel the urge, but done as they said, after 15mins the original mw checked and told me to stop pushing as there was still a tiny bit of cervix there, i lay on my back and she gave me pethadene (sp?) and around 1:40pm the next contraction she out her fingers in me and pushed the cervix away and said i could push and now i felt the urge.

So i was pushing and jesus christ i could feel the ring of fire lol and at 2:10 My beautiful, handsome baby boy, Kalidor-Daniel was born into the world, weighing in at 7lb 6oz and a whopping 58cm long (the longest baby on the ward) he is absolutly stunning. I had to have stitches has i got 2nd degree tear, and at the moment they are still quite sore but all worth it.

He as taken to the breast amazingly and is agreedy boy, just like his dad and his oldest bro lol

I am soooo in love with my little man.

Attachments

• Photo0272.jpg
    Photo0272.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 11
  • Photo0277.jpg
    Photo0277.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo0280.jpg
    Photo0280.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13
Congratualtions , he is soooooooooooooo cute :kiss::hugs:

What a lovely boy! Teddy is long too :flower: I love his name - I tried to talk OH into something a bit more exciting (I really fancied Corin), but he wasn't a fan. Well done on getting through without an epidural!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->