Becoming an egg donor in Canada?

dre

Reaction score
hello everyone!

I have been interested in becoming an egg donor for a few years now and I feel like now is the time to really pursue it. Is there anyone on here who has donated in Canada? specifically in Alberta?

Or if you have been on the receiving end of a Canadian egg donation I would love to get some perspective. :)

I am aware that you can not be paid to donate your eggs, just reimbursed for expenses. thank you!!!

Hi there,

It is a great thing that you would like to do for someone and sounds like you have given it some thought.

I also thought about it before we had to go through ivf ourselves, however most places recommend you to already have children before you donate.

I can't tell you about any specifics about canada or egg donation, but I can tell you about the process itself. You will need to do injections every day, you will bloat and be uncomfortable. My first round of ivf was very painful because I had 16eggs growing. I wasn't able to do any exercise for a few weeks and even walking hurt. After the egg retrieval I was in pain for 4 days.

The second round was much less painful as I had 10eggs growing. I was able to continue cycling, walking and even after egg retrieval I was back to my normal self much quicker.

You will need to go for monitoring in the mornings and you can't travel during this time. The overall duration is 2-3weeks.

Another point to consider would be to think if you are ok with anonymous donation.

It is a lot harder than donating sperm, but it is the greatest gift you could give to someone.

Good luck, hopefully someone can give you more specific details about canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->