Bed Sharing and Night Weaning Toddler?

AriBerri

Reaction score
Hello all! I've recently started school back up and usually, during school, husband and I take turns with the baby. I do my classes online, so he'll take her out while I work, then he brings her home and goes off to his classes in a brick and mortar school or goes to work. This semester is a bit different for us. He's looking for a 9-5 job, which means he'll be gone more and, after a summer of all three of us spending basically all day everyday together, I'm going to be missing both of them terribly when I'm stuck at home doing class work.

Well, tonight I had a bit of a shocking experience for me haha. Usually Eevee can't sleep without "boobies" and she sleeps in our bed, so if I get up she wakes up after about an hour. Tonight she crawled in my lap while I was at my desk, after her dad had gotten her ready for bed, and started feeding and fell asleep (not unusual, she does this if she's really tired and I'm busy). The unusual thing was that I took her to our bed, laid her down so she was basically on her side/stomach, and instead of waking up immediately like she usually would she drifted right back to sleep! I went back to my homework, finished up, and though she turned a couple times already, she hasn't woken up for boobies once in the last two and a half hours. Normally the longest she stays in bed without me and without waking is an hour and a half. If I leave her mom radar goes off.

So I'm thinking about night weaning and transitioning her to her own bed. It would be a blessing if I could use the nighttime and nap time to get homework and house work done so that I could use my time with her to actually be with her and not doing housework and this way I could also get to spend some real time with my husband too. Any stories or suggestions on how you successfully night weaned/weaned off feeding to sleep with a toddler? And on transitioning her to her own bed? She's already a toddler and talking a bunch so it's a bit different from night weaning a baby, I think. I'd like to night wean first because there's no point in moving her to her own bed if she's just going to wake up and need boobies to stay asleep in a different room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->