bed times?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
When did you start putting your Lo to bed earlier? Right now Jasmine goes to bed around 10pm and gets up around 7 or 8... but in the evening she seems so overtired now, and gets a bit cranky. You can tell she is tired cause her poor eyes are red and she is yawning...

She doesn't like napping much in the day time either...

I just dont want to make her go to bed too early and then have her up early in the morning, or middle of the night lol.

My LO used to sleep at that time when he was that age also...my ain was that by 5months he would be going to sleep at 8pm...so what i did was take him to bed 1 hour earlier day by day...so maybe instead of 10pm tonight you could put Jasmine down at 9pm and see how she gets on...stick to 9pm for a few days then again go to 8pm etc...(depending what time you want to put her down) Just a idea hun...it worked for me...Now my LO sleeps at 7pm...x

Goodluck hun xx

I still don't put Lola to bed early.I put her down at about 10 p.m. and she falls asleep like a log but any sooner than that she wouldn't sleep.

When we started to develop a bedtime routine when she was about a month and a half old, we started putting her to bed at 8 pm, after her feeding and bath. That is when she started sleeping through the night. She is still going to bed at 8

This week we have been attempting to put her down at 9. So far she goes to sleep right away but she wakes up quite a few times during the night.

Renah still goes to bed at 12:30 but it works for me because I go to sleep then too. She sleeps till 7:30 and feeds, goes back to sleep till 9:30 and feeds, wakes at 11:30 then is up until 5pm.

I'd like to get her in bed earlier but she's clingy and won't sleep without me next to her. The second I leave the room she wakes back up. It amazes me that babies go to sleep at 8 lol

I think we pretty much do the same as you do J. :) I tried getting her into bed earlier but she takes that many trips in and out settling her it ends up later than just waiting till she's ready IYKWIM. :dohh:

Hi we had this problem with Toby he started off going to bed around ten but we have gradually made his bedtime earlier as he started getting tired and cranky before he went to bed. He now goes to bed between eight and nine but usually half eight. He still sometimes gets overtired now so we are gradually aiming for bedtime at 7. I find that if he does not have a good afternoon sleep we pay for it in the evening before he goes to bed, like today!! We are having a bad teething day today and we have got one tired angry baby!!! Oh dear. xx

Ben sleeps from 10pm until 9am. I don't intend to change this until he wants to.

we have 'calm down time', when the lights go down and we wind down for bed, bottle and maddi goes down about 8pm, and sleeps through till 8/9am at the moment as james is off work, normally gets up with his alarm about 8. we developed this from her about 6 weeks old. i would suggest gradually putting to bed earlier, maybe half hour each night and see how she goes, lots of luck x

see i really want to put archie to bed earlier but if i say put him asleep at 8 he will sleep til 12 thn be awake all night so i try n hold out till we go to bed x

hmm ya, only reason I want to try earlier is cause she gets so overtired an cranky in the evening.

I would try moving it forward very gradually by about 15 mins at a time, so change it to 9.45 for a week,then 9.30 for a week etc etc so that its a gentle gradual change which hopefully wont change her sleeping pattern xx

I was letting Poppy go to sleep whenever she was ready (normally around 10-11) until she was around 6 weeks but I decided to try her at 8 one night and although she stuggled a little bit to get off to sleep initially, from then onwards, she has really settled into it and it surprised me how well she has taken to it! It is also lovely to have some time to ourselves in the evening.

I dreamfeed her around 11 when I go to bed and then she wakes once or twice during the night and gets up around 7-8 in the morning,

I am really pleased with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->