Bedsharing question...

gina8177

Married with 1 baby boy
Reaction score
When your little one sleeps in the bed what do you cover yourself in and what do you cover your little one in?

Kaiden always snuggles right next to me when he sleeps in the bed. If I put him far away from me he literally wiggles until he is right up against me. It's super adorable. But I'm wondering how to work out the blanket situation.

Thanks!

Iris quite often wont settle in her moses after her second feed so I lie her next to me on top of the quilt and we don't have any pillows. She sometimes goes in the crease of my arm and right up next to me, sometimes she just lies next to me and is happy as larry.

If it's a bit chillier we pop a cellular blanket over her but the rest of the time she is warm enough in her sleepsuits xxx

She's just in her sleeping bag. I tuck blankets under my legs and either have no blankets on top or tuck one over my shoulder but under my arm if that makes sense.

Is she able to sleep on her side in the sleeping bag? Can she snuggle you? A sleeping bag would be great for Kaiden cause he either kicks his blanket off or throws it over his head, eek!

Sleeping bags are great for cold nights. He sleeps on his side as well, however at his stage he likes to get on his front in his sleep and then he wakes himself up because he gets a bit tangled in it :lol: TBH I usually just cover him in my covers (i know! its a no-no) Its not a heavy duvet and I do it in a way that I have covers and then theygo under me and the excess goes on him, almost like 2 completely separate sets of covers... its hard to explain, but yeah, a sleeping bag, i would reccomend!

The past few nights I've also done the no no and shared my sheet with him (its to warm for a blanket), that way he can't kick it off. But I definitely want to try a sleeping bag now!

my ds1 climbed into the bed last night so i ended up bed sharing and he just pushed the duvet away from him and allowed me to curl up in it the way i normally do lol. when i was co-sleeping with ds2 i just put him on top of the duvet or wore warm pj's and had the covers from my waist down and he would be up by my chest and my legs would be curled up slightly so he couldnt slide down the bed and my arm above his head so he couldnt go up into the pillows as i cant sleep without a pillow

Mine is the same, feeding him can be hard work as he seems to burrow in closer to me lol - he won't have any blankets on etc usually justa sleepsuit. Also sleeps on his sideor sometimes :dohh: sneaks onto his front :dohh:

Have you seen the leaflet on how to position yourself? I usually sleep like that, because with my knees/legs under his feet like that he can't scoot down the bed and under the sheet IYKWIM?

https://www.babyfriendly.org.uk/pdfs/sharingbedleaflet.pdf

I put a reciving blanket around Kelana and she sleeps on her side away from me, or her back. I put my duvet up and over me (under my arm though) and tuck it either behind her back (on her side) or under her legs (on her back). When the temps get cooler here, I will use a sleep sack.

My LO has a sleeping bag, and I tuck the duvet around me and between me and LO up to between waist and boob height. We currently have a very thin summer duvet on and I have had it over both on us....not sure how I will work things as the weather turns colder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->