General chatter while we wait (and commentary on the "pull out method")

I love hammocks like that Dobby!! Especially for wrapping up in the cooler days with a book or a drink. Enjoy!

It was short lived :rofl: A was in the dog run and he likes to yell/talk to randoms on the street by standing on the dog igloos so I figured I should be close in case he falls or there’s sketchy people :rofl:

But yes! Got it during prime day long time ago and finally set it up. I don’t put it away though between uses so I’m also low key scared of spiders :rofl:

Gigs my mom will 100% pay for things. I'm curious how that might change as she transitions into retirement. She wants to be done now, but she doesn't think she can afford it. She's supporting my brother entirely and bails me out a lot. I've been in like endless court battles since 2018! AH! I'd be so rich if I wasn't constantly retaining attorneys lol. You're right though, definitely going to save Everglades. If anybody knows any fun kid friendly stuff in Miami haha. Hindsight looks like we may be asked to disembark by 10am so oops. Fail planning on my end. Only issue would be what to do about our luggage... s****. but end of day, I hate how much I've put towards court and I don't want that to impact the experiences I want to have with A. That was part of it. Like my last attorney asked a retainer of 6k and this trip (just the stateroom) was only 1.5k. Future Dobs can figure it out hahaha. I think worst case I'm going to ask bad lawyer for that 7k back and if she says no I'll complain to the state bar and they'll make her give it back.

The resolve though not to spoil it for hubs. He snagged a good one <3

Ah Shae I know I had the same thoughts as Gigs about the sweetness between you and your sister but I'm drawing a blank and so tired I need to click back to remember

Gigs aw that’s so disappointing about the email. I would’ve been so sad. I figure I’ll do the retail blood test (can’t remember the name, the one anyone can buy on online), they have the result as an image in the email I think so it won’t show up before you open it. Oh wait… sneak peek? Is that it? Anyway. I figure we’ll do that and open the email together. And then confirm at the anatomy ultrasound together of course.

Dobs the hammock looks relaxing! Every cruise I’ve ever been on required us to disembark early in the morning. Like 8 am early. It always sucked to have to get up super early to leave the vacation lol. It’s like they’re like “okay cruise is over GET OFF” :rofl:

Thanks for the love on my little sis. Our relationship got complicated when I became a Christian because she’s gay, and she was worried that meant I was going to hate her because I do agree with the traditional Christian beliefs on marriage. I made it very clear that that was not true at all and that I don’t expect non-Christians to follow Christian moral values, I want to know what’s going on in her life, be at her future wedding, etc. I explained to her that I support the legalization of same sex marriage in the USA because this country was founded on the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and I do believe that being able to marry the consenting adult of your choice falls under the right to the pursuit of happiness. We’re not a theocracy. I also reminded her that I didn’t exactly stop having pre-marital sex with DH after becoming a Christian (I felt guilty about it, but I couldn’t stop for more than a week :dohh:), so I have absolutely zero ground to stand on. However, it took her a while to really believe me. Luckily, we’re back in a spot where we can just hang out and laugh and shoot the sh*t. She’s in college 3 hours away, I got to see her last night/this morning when her and my mom came to VT to visit for a day, but usually our relationship is scattered random text convos and memes :rofl: she’s also more of a girly girl like me, so we bond over that.

No news yet re: the test, hopefully we’ll hear back Monday.

Dobs girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl I want one of those next to a fire. Fill that cup with diet coke. We're set.

Do you have an conditional agreement for the retainer? That's an awful lot of money if you didn't get anything from it. I hope you get back that sweet chunka change.

Shae fx you get results tomorrow and everything is good. If he doesn't pass, will he have the opportunity to try again? That's lovely about your sister <3 That's the kind of relationship I wish I had in my life. Cherish it!

Never been on a cruise but it's on my bucket list. Still not sure if it's something I'd like to do with or without the kids....not that it matters, not like we can afford that anyway, ha.

In other news i got a horrible hair cut. I hadn't had my hair professionally cut in 5+ years and I regret it so bad. She cut a huge chunk out of the left side of my hair only, so it's all short (chin length) from the front back to my ear, then long layers under that. Not nearly as much cut from the other side. *sigh* this is what I get for trusting someone else with my hair I guess! For the record it was all pretty long, just past my boobs. Now it's about armpit length at the longest :/ I knew I was going to have to take off some length due to damaged ends but the choppiness........not what I asked for. She was trying to thin it out I guess to make it look fuller? But like i explained I had lost a lot of hair recently due to illness...so why cut out more?! I was just having faith she knew what she was doing.

Oh well. It will grow back and now I know better I guess.

Gigs oh nooooo I’d be so sad about the haircut. I always tell hairdressers to just trim it, no layers or anything, just a straight trim. I’m too worried that the layers would look wonky. Plus I have fine hair, so I definitely dont want them thinning it out.

If he doesn’t pass, he can’t take it again for 6 months. I think if he doesn’t pass, we’re just going to look for a different opportunity.

And yes, I so appreciate having a relationship with my sister. She’s usually in the loop when I think there’s a chance of pregnancy haha, she tolerates my crazy and is always hopeful that she’ll get to be the fun aunt. She does want kids eventually, but due to her medical issues she really shouldn’t get pregnant, it’s a little risky, and she doesn’t want to pass along her genes, so her road to motherhood will be a lot more complicated. Her plan is either to do IVF with her future wife (wife would carry the child) or adopt.

Not entirely sure how successful DH’s pullout was last night, my inner thigh had a very suspicious fluid on it and I’m not sure if it was me or him. It only being on one side is suspicious. He thought he made it out on time, but he couldn’t be 100% certain, and when he turned on the light to look at the area, he was not super confident lol. I swear to god this is just every month now :rofl: he was like “well, a baby wouldn’t be the worst thing” lmaooo. I’m sure the chance of pregnancy is super low regardless. I really think at this point that I’m not going to get pregnant unless we manage a full deposit oops within a day of ovulation, or if we start actually trying.

Shae so weird! I wanted to comment on the SP email, but I can’t seem to find my results email! I do think it just said something like results are in. I remember especially liking the email because it didn’t display immediately. But I could be making this up. Technology has really come a long way!

Yeah we always wanted to get off early anyway because we’re not the lounging type, but I felt like some people took their sweet time. Definitely misremembering :rofl:. I know I booked the later flight time because of pricing/ being worried about not making the super cheap flights in the morning. I saw something about day use hotel rooms, so I did email one but they didn’t email back. To be fair, they said it’s better to call haha.

Aww Shae that’s so wholesome. I love it. And I feel like it’s easier to give up the premarital goods if you haven’t already have it or you’ve already gone a long time without it. That’s lovely you got to see her yesterday! 3 hours seems close, but it’s rough when she’s in school and you’re working.

Yeah I feel like we're either in for full TTC or an oops by the end of the year. I love that he's getting comfortable being a bit less careful. He clearly wants a baby, I get the sense from your posts that he just doesn't want to make that call and then hear from people in his life that it was selfish and reckless to decide to have a baby. I feel like people are so much more forgiving when you have an unplanned pregnancy and rise to the occasion vs coming out and saying we're trying at a time that they don't approve of.

Hopefully it works out that her partner can and will carry a baby. Adoption is beautiful, too. I'm glad that, while the path isn't linear, she will have options to be a mom one day.

Gigs ugh! I’m so sorry. That’s so frustrating when you are clear in your expectations and they still go way off. Especially on something that can’t be immediately fixed. But you’re right! It will grow back. Maybe even healthier if you’re saying there was quite a bit of damage. Is it really bad or like it’s just so different I don’t like it yet bad?

I wanted to try and set it up closer to the fire pit but there’s not room and it throws off the aesthetic. Only issue is I don’t have shade on it atm so it’s not always a fun spot to be haha.

-Cruise stuff that could stand to be more concise but I'm so tired-
Just keep an eye on the sales! The room itself isn’t usually bad. They get you with the onboard activities and shore excursions. I have too much anxiety to book anything not associated with the cruise line, but my mom used to be a travel agent. So when we cruised with her, EVERYTHING she books is through private companies and so much cheaper. But you have to do the research and vetting and then the anxiety of making it there and back on time…. We’re getting a family oceanview stateroom, so a larger sized stateroom with a window. I just cannot do a balcony especially just A and me. The room was $1k and then $600 for taxes, fees, and ports. But you factor in this includes transport to the Bahamas, nightly lodging, meals, and entertainment for 4 days. Like A and my tickets to Disneyworld (1 park a day for 3 days) was $900. So I feel like cruises can end up being a more affordable way to travel for some vacations, It would have cost triple/quadruple if I flew to the Bahamas and stayed at Atlantis directly. I know because it was one of the vacation options I was exploring before I booked the cruise. Even with my outrageous excursions, this is still cheaper than flying to and staying in the Bahamas.

And I finally got my airline credit card figured out. After ten years, I called to cancel and complain about the redemption and annual fee. So they changed my card to one that doesn’t have an annual fee. It doesn’t have many bennies, but I never cared enough to learn what mine were. I still get discounts with that airline and 2x points for groceries, so I use my cash back card on everything else and it for travel/groceries. Paid for our tickets there.

I’d say no kids first haha. Not that kids aren’t great but I think if you want to truly relax on a cruise you gotta go without the kids once. Flip side, you may not be able to relax with your kids not there. And there are the onboard kids club stuff.

AFM horse therapy was cancelled so A and I had a mommy and me.family day. Breaky at my fav spot downtown, nap time, pumpkin patch with my mom (who came in clutch standing in line for us to do the water ball hamster wheel and then running around to get him a ticket when we realized it was not included), and then dinner with my mom and brother. We sat under a crow's nest, and they got pooped on repeatedly while the crows took no interest in A or me lol. I have no motivation to work. A is sick with a small cold. I think my body is trying not to be sick. But I need to email my parents and make sub plans.

Users who are viewing this thread

• NDH

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->