Bedtime Routine?

Eelis

Reaction score
Hiya, I read that 5 weeks is a good time to think about starting a gentle bedtime routine. Aeryn screams from 11pm till 3am sometimes though lol

She's starting to be more awake during the day though so I guess that will help her being mroe settled in the evenings but I'm wondering how people started bedtime routines and what you did?

i started a bed time routine from day 1!!! i used to give megan her last feed at 8pm so she was ready and in bed by 9pm all her feeds in the night were given in her bedroom with the lights off just a dim light on the landing by 1 week she was sleeping through from 9pm till 4 am feeding then back to sleep till 8 am i suppose i was quite lucky with her sleeping so well!! good luck with getting your routine!

We're trying to get some sort of routine going with our two, but it's easier said than done as it's tricky keeping their feeds in synch!

We were going to do baths every night before the evening feed (anything from 8pm-midnight) but DH has been out the last couple of nights and I can't lift the bath currently so that's out.

We're doing the dim lights, quiet/limited talking, change of baby gros etc. Worked really well last night as they slept from 9pm till 2am and then till 5.30am and then till 9am.

An interesting thing with having 2 to compare is that Tom will settle under the sheets no problem (usually) and Charlotte needs to be swaddled and have a dummy in order to settle. Talk about chalk and cheese! :lol:

HV came today and she said not to worry if routine doesn't get started until at least 6 weeks. MW said the same earlier in the week, she reckons that they are still working on their body clocks from inside which was lots of mad activity from around 10pm until the small hours! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->