Been a while, but I'm back...andtrying to lose the weight

DeeDee80

Mommy to Zackary
Reaction score
Well, I've been super busy with baby girl, but finally found my way back here!

After Charlotte was born and I was BF'ing her I had lost nearly all my weight. I stopped because she had to be switched to soy and personally I couldn't cut out dairy...anyway we're a much happier baby/mommy combo. However the weight has started to creep back so I was wondering what you ladies have been doing to combat this? Charlotte is about four months old now and since the beginning of the month I have been hitting the gym and trying to be picky about what I eat. There has been the tiniest of weight loss but nothing to major. Trying not to get discouraged but was hoping for any success stories from anyone else? TIA ladies!

I'm stalking this thread but before I had lo, I lost 5 stone with ww. Only put 2 on since being pregnant and having him but I started ww again last week. Remove temptation from your house, ours is like a health food shop apart from 1 cupboard coz OH needs to put weight on. It's the highest cupboard in the house and I cant reach without climbing on the cupboards, shuffling along and turning round....by which time, I cba anymore! Be mindful.of.your choices....Dont deprive yourself of what you want....multipack crisps are a godsend for me.

I did zumba too and when this broken toe has healed, ill be doing it again. Walk a little quicker when you are pushing the pram. Me and my lo have a stupid 30 mins per day where we put music on and have a dance. I end up gasping for breath and he is full of laughs, smiles and giggles.

I make some soup on a Monday....loads of veg, 1.5 pints of stock (I use chicken) bung in a pan for 30 mins with some dried herbs then blend. I have that for lunch.

Good luck hun. Xxx

I joined weightwatchers last Sunday amd Im loving it. First weigh in today eeek x

stalking as weight has crept on over the last month.....

Joined Scottish slimmers yesterday! Determined to lose some weight before summer and trying for baby number 3 :)

Hey I'm in the same boat I need to loose weight. Was thinking about starting back at the gym but need to work it when my husband is off!

It's hard as when your too busy with lo you either eat anything you can get a hold of or binge eat lol xx

Slimming World - I can't contemplate the gym right now, I'd need more sleep to sustain gym visits and I know that isn't going to happen. I lost 2 stone on Slimming World a year ago, I have 3 to lose now so I'm just doing the same again.

I lost the weight and some by 9 months pp, and here's how:

While BF'ing in the first 4 months, I tried to eat healthy but definitely not deprive. Once I had to stop and switch to formula, I tried to cut back my intake. Also, like a previous post says, I danced like crazy with my little girl every day, and still do (she's almost 1!). We ballroom dance, disco, pop, whatever! She giggles her heart out, and I sweat like crazy. I also crawl all over the floor so she chases me, and play with her pretty consistently until bedtime.

But, I think the 2 main things that helped me out a bunch were: 1) coming to terms with a little hunger feeling in my belly, and 2) not eating while she's awake. I also brush my teeth frequently throughout the day to deter any unnecessary eating and drink a ton of water. Mind you, I really made a huge effort to get the weight off, as I refused to buy clothes in a size larger than my pre-preggy weight and always was a little crazy about my body. So, now I'm back to a comfy size 4 and doing everything in my power to stay here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks ladies. I've been working out and tried to cut back on my eating or at least just eat healthier. I joined a website called myfitnesspal.com. So far so good. I log my food and exercise so I know what and how much I'm eating and exercising. You can have friends on there to support you and see the success and progress stories...I'm hoping this will help me. I really want to get down to my goal weight in the most healthy way possible. And tone my body and get it as fit as possible in the process. Fingers crossed. I just wish I could see more progress up front rather than inthe long run you know?

I use myfitnesspal too it's good. Also strange question but have you had your AF yet since you stopped BFing? Because I was eating really well and exercising when I was BFing but hardly lost weight, then when I stopped bfing and had 2 cycles of AF everything seemed to suddenly work. My hair stopped falling out and I started losing weight well. I think it was my pregnancy hormones finally leaving my system! Oestrogen really causes you to hang onto weight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->