Been charged twice for shopping

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Yesterday, went to Asda and when paying for the shopping, Ethan's dad took the card out supposedly before the transaction had had a chance to complete, so had to re-do it.

Turns out that the first transaction did go through, so have been charged £37, twice!

How does he go about getting this money back? He didn't get a receipt to say the first transaction had been cancelled, he got the receipt on the second transaction.

It's on his online banking as having gone through twice, so would it be a case of getting a mini statement, taking along the shopping receipt and sorting it that way or does he have to do a different route?

So annoying.

I would contact the shop...they should have given you confirmation of the cancelled transaction though.xx

we have just had the same problem with asda home delivery. they have made me got £40 OD. Not impressed.

If you call your bank hun,they can refund you so your money is back today.Asda charged us twice once too.xx

If you call your bank hun,they can refund you so your money is back today.Asda charged us twice once too.xx

Its being dealt with, Asda have to send proof they took 2 amounts which they said they will do, as they charged us 2 different amounts :dohh:

I had this with Aldi once and they refused to do anything until it actually went through which would have been a couple of days so contacted my bank and it was sorted straight away.

if you take you bank statement in and you receipt and explain whats happened they should refund u there and then. x

You should get the money back straight away, pain in the bum though

This happened to me at tesco once though, but they didn't actually take the money it was just pending on my account for a few days so I couldn't spend it! Annoying!!

I would take your bank statement, with your receipts to the store.

Not on though is it!

This happend to me a few weeks ago when my OH went to the shop.

It should correct itself within 3 working days. i was told by my bank if not then I would of had to of gone back to the shop with a bank statement.

hope u get it sorted x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->