been in hospital since friday so far :( anyone with bp and anxiety issues?

sophie22

Reaction score
Well friday morning came and I had an appointment with the consultant but I woke feeling unwell, sick, woozy, not right. Finally after eaiting over an hour and having to watch a dr push his wife in front of me in the queue!! I got seen. Bp was a bit up. 163/94 I think and as I felt ill they sent me to the antenatal ward. I had 3 more similar readings but none higher than that. So they decided to give me labetalol. BIG mistake! 200mg. Ok so bp went a bit lower and they didn't give me any before bed. By next morning bp was 163/71. Now, to me this was ok but midwife gave me another dose. 40 minutes later I feel like I'm about to die. Ears ringing, all goes white, I can't breathe. Doctors swarm me, I've got oxygen mask on and they are putting fluids up and doing tests. It came back up and I've felt knocked for six since. Since then my bp was ok. This whole time my pulse has been fast, averaging 100 to 110 and fluctuating from that area. I haven't slept hardly since being here so figured the way I feel when on my feet is that. A bit wobbly but I get this weird pressure in my ears if I'm up long. Which I haven't asked about yet. They sent me home today but I was soon back. I was literally laying on the sofa watching tv, feeling relaxed when I noticed that full feeling in my ears, so I took pulse and it was crazy racing like I've never seen it. So I thought don't panic, I had a full bladder so went to the loo, cane back down and felt it. It was going fast slow fast slow. Then I majorly freaked out! Took my bp it was 171/107. I though no way. Took it again right away it was back ok!! 143/80 ish. My pulse was reading betwenn 110 and 130 on the monitor but that can't have been accurate as it wasn't regular. I jump in car ringing ward on the way telling them I'm coming in! So I'm back again and so far bp has been a tiny over a few times but only the bottom number like 91 twice I think actually. Had ecg, and bloods. They haven't told me results but I think they are fine. So I'm thinking maybe anxiety, and this is why. When I had that big bp drop my partner was about to come see me with my son. I didn't want my son to see me like that and literally text as I was about to faint not to bring him. Since then I've felt anxious at the thought of going home and him possibly seeing me like I was or not having anyone to take him if I have a funny turn. I feel fidgety, my pulse gets a bit worse and some palitations and feel anxious. I thought I would just get over it once home and the only thing I find odd is that I felt relaxed, he was on his way home from is grandmas but I don't feel as though that was on my mind. Its when I felt my pulse I felt anxious, does anyone have any experiance of anxiety especially in pregnancy? Does I happen like that with fast then slow pulse and out of nowhere and what treatment is there? If this is the cause I don't know hoe I will cope at home I can't just tell my self its ok! Feeling down now :(

Sending lots of hugs your way!

I am only 24 weeks along, but have been having a lot of anxiety attacks and feel rather ill from it...
Is this something that has been progressing for you?
Im still in the second tri, but had to read your post because i feel so alone with my anxiety! My heart races and my vision gets blurry, i just know im going to end up hospitalized.

I really hope you figure it all out soon!
Keep me updated! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->