Been offered sweep at 37 weeks?

laura_2010

Reaction score
I had my consultant app today I'm 32 weeks 3 days and he offered me sweeps from 37 weeks... I wont see him again but he put it on the screen ( computer ) and also in my notes... but how do I go about having them done? Is it hospital or local mw office? Last time they offered it me on the day of the consultant so had it there and then and had it at 2pm and she came by 9pm so pretty fast! Thanks xx

Is there a reason they’ve offered it to you so early? I’ve never heard of that before.

I’ve only had one done and had it at the hospital, but think everywhere is different. And I declined a second one because it was thoroughly unpleasant and did nothing for me!

Hi I have had smaller babies in the past... so classed as high risk and also high bp which I haven't got at the moment he just said todayboh we can het you down for s and s at 37 weeks.... I was unsure where to go ect ad won't be seeing him again. X

I had a sweep with my eldest at 38 weeks at the hospital after my scan. I think it was because I was a high risk pregnancy. I had lost twins at 24 weeks previously. It set me off that night and she was born the next day.

With my second they wouldn't sweep me until I was over 40 weeks. I had one done at 40+3 and had her early hours of 40+5.

They have said to me that if my growth scans continue to measure on the 95th centile I will have a sweep at 38 weeks this time too xx

I had a sweep with my first. It was done when midwife visited me at home.
I was full term

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->