been put on medication for GD

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
I'm a little gutted tbf I've been dieting and trying to keep my sugars down but they have been all over the place tbf and had another day of high reading so called the diabetic team at the hospital and the Dr called me straight back I now have to go on metaformin :( I thought I could control it but I guess not :cry:

:( I feel your pain!!! That probably means early induction for you as well, As metformin and insulin can both cause the placenta to fail early. Will they have you monitored more often?

I'm not sure I got to see the consultant tomorrow as I have a growth scan, I didn't know it can cause the placenta to fail I'm so worried to take it but I know I need to x

Don't worry about it too much. The consultants know what they're doing and even though there are more risks, they will make sure you are well taken care of. Hey, you might even get lucky like me and get to see your little one every week( weekly nonstress tests and biophysical profiles).

Don't worry about it too much. The consultants know what they're doing and even though there are more risks, they will make sure you are well taken care of. Hey, you might even get lucky like me and get to see your little one every week( weekly nonstress tests and biophysical profiles).

Tbf I'd loved to see babys face even though I know what he will look like lol me and OH joke about how strong his genes are as dd2 is the absolute spit of him lol so I know baba will be the same, I'm just worried tbf I have read so much mixed reviews on metformin is freaking me out xx

I have GD and recommend the website www.gestationaldiabetes.co.uk. It's a UK site but has loads of excellent advice. It may help to put your mind at rest x

I had a look on that site hun was really interesting tbf thank you my diabetic midwife did mention about colstrum harvesting so that was good to read cus tbf I was a bit confused when she told me about it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->