Been trying for a year and a half now.

misslilley

Reaction score
Hi just looking to get some advice, Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for a year and a half now and nothing has happened, my partner done a test for specimen beginning of the year and it came back he had low sperm plus abnormal sperm and a few other things, Is there anything that can help with this as it really starting to effect me now.x. I have already got 3 children so we no theres no problems with me.x. Can anyone recommend anything please.

I have also heard about maca can help improve mens fertility been reading up on it has anyone else had a positive result with this.x. Thanks

My DH had a normal count etc. but I can tell you what he took leading up to our IVF cycles to get the healthiest swimmers possible, these were recommended by our FS:

Maca 2 capsules per day
CoQ10 100-200mg per day
zinc
vitamin E
DHA (Fish oil)

Also on the months we try on our own FS told DH to drink a can of coke about 30 mins to 45 mins before BD at O time..apparently it gives them a boost. We always forgot to do this so I'm not sure if it helps or not :shrug: I'm sure other ladies have different lists they were told to use but this is what his list was. Also keep in mind it takes about 3 months for anything to work when he starts using it. Have you thought about IVF with ICSI?

Can i please ask what coq10 is please never heard of this and i am all new to this.x. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,
I agree, get your partner on Sups, including a good men's multi, it takes about three months for a cycle of sperm to develop.
If he drinks, try to get him to moderate.
Also Loose undies, boxers not briefs make a big difference.
If you are not taking a good prenatal, I would also take one.
Good luck:flower:

Hi thanks for your message, what vitamins would u recommend for him to take i have been thinking of getting some maca as ive heard and read good things about that, but will also get some vitamins just not 100% on what ones to get him. Plus he wears loose boxers and he does drink but its not all the time like every weekend more so special occassions. Plus i am taking folic acid.

Hi,
I agree, get your partner on Sups, including a good men's multi, it takes about three months for a cycle of sperm to develop.

Hi there what is sups and whats the best vitamins to take as u said in message like a good mens multi what ones r best please. If you could let me no this would be great as its now starting to effect us both quite alot. cheers

My DH had a normal count etc. but I can tell you what he took leading up to our IVF cycles to get the healthiest swimmers possible, these were recommended by our FS:

Maca 2 capsules per day
CoQ10 100-200mg per day
zinc
vitamin E
DHA (Fish oil)

Also on the months we try on our own FS told DH to drink a can of coke about 30 mins to 45 mins before BD at O time..apparently it gives them a boost. We always forgot to do this so I'm not sure if it helps or not :shrug: I'm sure other ladies have different lists they were told to use but this is what his list was. Also keep in mind it takes about 3 months for anything to work when he starts using it. Have you thought about IVF with ICSI?

Hi there can i please ask what is ICSI. As i am new to all this sorry.

Hi,

Hi there what is sups and whats the best vitamins to take as u said in message like a good mens multi what ones r best please. If you could let me no this would be great as its now starting to effect us both quite alot. cheers

Hi,
Sorry sups are short for supplements. If you are in the UK, I think Santogen makes a food men's preconception Vit. I think they make a his and hers. If ordering online, I like food based vitamins for better absorption. I like Rainbow light and New Chapter Organics. You can get them at Whole Foods or Amazon in the US.
For men there are several good supplements recommended. Many you can get in a good men's multi Vit. Once you choose your multi, then see what to take in addition. Some things to look for are zinc, selenium, and B vitamins. I also give mine CoQ10 and we are going to try Macca. Also omega 3's. For myself I also take vitamin D 3 but I think he gets more sun than I do.

Hi mrs!

Wellman conception & co-enzymeq10 and giving up alcohol are what gave my Dh a good result.

Coenzyme q10 is a supplement which improves cell quality & energy. It's best to take at least 100mg daily.

Icsi, someone else mentioned, that's ivf but the sperm is manually injected into the egg instead of allowing sperm to fertilise naturally in vitro. Costs approx £200-300 more than normal ivf but obviously a better option in some cases x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->