Before your BFP did you .... ?

MrsKA

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Before you got your BFP did you have quite bad cramping ?

I am not TTC and i've just had my first cycle since having my baby 10 months ago however my AF was due on Saturday if I go off my normal (from before this pregnancy) 24 day cycle or if you go off a normal 28 day cycle its due today.

I had cramping last week from cycle day 21 until CD23 so thought my AF was about to arrive on CD 24 but it didn't and cramping stopped, it has resumed again today though and is quite bad but no sign of AF no spotting, no nothing (i've even shoved toilet paper up there and there is no discolouration at all).

I know that mild cramping can be quite normal with pregnancy but is bad cramping ? I feel like AF is about to arrive at any moment but every time I check again there's nothing.

HELP ! im feeling a bit nervous, we have been safe but there were a few times this cycle where ahem *things* have been put in a few times in the beginning and then a condom put on :dohh:
That's a whole different thread though !

I had period-type cramping right before I got my positive pregnancy test and throughout my pregnancy. Besides sore nipples it was my only other symptom. I actually that it was my period starting until my husband insisted I take a test.

Have you tested yet?

I did a test tonight with a FRER but negative, I have a lot of lower back pain but still not bleeding, have sore boobs as well so maybe i'll need to wait a few days and see.

Are you breastfeeding? If you are then your cycles may not go straight back to regular like before so that is what you could be experiencing I remember my first few cycles back were awful while still breastfeeding I would get bad cramps. But you could also be pregnant as they all seem like symptoms. Good luck I hope you get an answer soon

Cramping can be a sign of pregnancy so I would keep testing if it doesn't arrive. However I would say your body is still readjusting after baby, it took me a few cycles before I became regular, your periods could be different now post baby to what you had before, I had quite bad cramping first few months but this was probably because of the coil if you have had that fitted, but it did settle down. The main thing I noticed since having DS1 was I would get quite painful ovulation pains mid cycle.

Ignore my coil comment you've obviously not had one if you're worried you're pregnant :haha: but it could still be a change in your periods post baby :flower:

During my first pregnancy I had very bad cramping right before I got a BFP. It was around the time my period was due and I was so sure it would arrive. :lol:

Thanks for the replies ladies. No AF again today, still having cramping though. My baby weaned off me at around 8 months and AF finally returned literally a month later on the 9th of October so actually i'm now 2 days late as it was due on Tuesday not yesterday like I thought ! but surely a test would be positive a day late ? I did do it in the early evening though. I've only had one period so maybe it just my body adjusting, I am due to have a mirena put in a few weeks thankfully I will know by then haha.

I cramped badly for the whole two weeks between ovulation and testing around the time af was due. But I don't know if everyone gets that kind of severe cramping.

I had cramping pretty badly before getting my BFP. I thought it was AF on the way, but she never showed. I think for you it's more likely your body still getting used to everything and hormones spotting themselves out. Hopefully for you that's the case since you obviously don't want to be pregnant right now.

I had TERRIBLE cramping before my BFP. So bad my doctor sent me for an emergency scan straight away when I told her I'd just got a positive. I was literally crippled and was sure baby couldn't be safe after all that. But he/she is fine :) x

It's not that I don't want to be pregnant right now, we would have just preferred a bigger gap, I would love a 4th though. I have woken up this morning with no AF so now 3 days late but on and off cramping still ..... I don't feel pregnant though like I have the other times. Maybe I will wait a few more days

With two of mine I felt really bad cramps which convinced me my period was on its way, but it didn't x

Yep! So much so that I was convinced my period was about to start and took 3 ibuprofens before I got my BFP :)

I had no different symptoms than any other month. I got cramping on the day my period was due & as my period usually arrived within hours & didn't I tested x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->