Beginning of SPD?

Teafor2

Reaction score
Coming up on my third trimester and I’m fairly certain I have the beginnings of SPD. Pain in my pubic bone and sometimes going down my inner thighs. It’s the worst at night, when getting out of the car, and standing up and walking after sitting. I’ve read horror stories about how bad it can get. Anyone have a more encouraging experience with it? Like maybe it won’t get any worse than this? I don’t feel like my belly is particularly heavy yet, so I think it’s down to the relaxin.

I had it fairly bad with my first, they gave me this little belt thing which was rubbish. But it never got so bad that I couldn't do anything.
I've had it with each since and it's mainly the public bone that is painful when getting up, walking if I haven't for a bit, getting in and out of bath or bed. But it's bearable, just another excuse to put my feet up and have OH look after me lol

Definitely sounds like SPD.

I got it with my first and didn't know what it was, so didn't manage it well at all. As such, I was very uncomfortable with it - sleeping was the worst!
With my second I knew what it was and did things to manage it (saw a physio, did special exercises, avoided activities that would make it worse), and because of this is really caused me no issues at all (even slept comfortably right up to giving birth).
Now I'm coming up to 34 weeks with my third baby, and again, if I do my best to manage it (exercises, avoiding certain activities), its not a huge issue and I'm comfortable for the most part.

I'd strongly recommend reading up on things to avoid as well as seeing a physio (even if just once or twice to get some guidance).

Thanks for the advice! I have brought it up with my ob and she said physio is possible. Hopefully it will stay at this manageable pain level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->