Being admitted into L&D

troxxy

Reaction score
So two days ago I was peeing ALOT, much more than usual for even being pregnant. Yesterday I woke up with some pretty strong cramping in my right hip/lower back, to the point where I couldn't sit still. I came into the hospital and got hooked up to monitors, baby was in some distress and I was very dehydrated so they gave me an iv and baby was happy. Although I was having contractions. The pain subsided and I was sent home, only for an hour later the pain to hit HARD. So back to the hospital, and I'm sure half the patients in the building could hear my screams. Again I was put on an iv due to being dehydrated, and was given morphine for the pain. Contractions were about 10 min apart. After a while when the iv was done I was sent home, despite still being dehydrated and 2cm dilated! Woke up this morning with the pain AGAIN, and have now been here for over 12 hours. This time they sent me for an ultrasound and it showed that my kidneys are dilated and they admitted me into a private room. I'm not sure what's going to happen from here on out and I don't really know what it means for my kidneys to be dialated, but talk of induction has come up and it's pretty scary! Anyone been through kidney issues like this?

Sorry I can't help but didn't want to read and run. Hope things are more clear soon about what's happening. Hope you get well soon

Oh wow, I'm sorry you're going through this!
I don't have any advice/experience with kidneys, but hopefully it's only pregnancy related.
Keep us updated ((hugs))

It sounds like kidney stones, which can be normal but EXTREMELY painful in pregnancy (and not in pregnancy). Hope they figure it out. I'm sure everything will be great, just stay calm :)

I've never heard of this before.

Just wanted to wish you lots of luck and hope things are ok. :hugs:

If it is kidney stones I pity you. I've heard lots of horror stories from strong women who would rather go through child birth than kidney stones. Keep up the analgesia, fingers crossed you feel better soon x

Could be Maternal Hydronephrosis. It is said to go away within weeks after baby us born and most cases dont impair renal function. And usually affects the right side. You should look it up. I wouldnt think they would induce due to kidney stones but im no doctor . I really hope you are feeling better soon!:hugs:

So they eventually determined that it was a pulled muscle, and the pain wasn't related to my kidneys but they didn't do any follow up tests on my kidneys so I don't know what happened there. I was admitted for 2 days only to see a physiotherapist for 5 minutes who gave me some stretches to do. Very annoyed as have barely slept, haven't eaten, couldn't even keep water down for two days due to the pain. Not sure what's going to happen now, my doctor said she would induce me if I went in today as I'm full term and can't even eat. but now the hospital is too full so I wouldn't even make it into triage :( I don't know how I can go on like this

I completely understand. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Almost done!

I would demand them check my kidneys. I know a pulled muscle can be painful. But theh said dilated kidneys. And nothing more......? Ugggh! I would be squatting there til they did something!

Hope it settles for you soon. If it can repair a bit on its own in the next few days maybe it will be easier on you than having to deal with it while you are in labour too? Are you having trouble with vomiting? It sounds like getting liquids into yourself needs to be a priority. Really hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->