Being forced to stop co sleeping!

ellie

Mum to Kalden
Reaction score
Well temporarily anyway ... but I'm getting really anxious about it :cry:

we have to have a new boiler as ours died and we've no hot water or heating (brrr). the tank is in our bedroom (currently blocked in my LO's cotbed lol!) So when its done (probably next week) me and OH have to move to the bed settee in teh spare bedroom and LO's bed will have to go in his room, there is just no other space for it :cry: there isnt enough room in the spare bedroom.
it may only be for a few days but now there is talk of putting the new boiler in our bedroom, as there are few options of where to put it, and that might mean there isnt space for LO's bed and ours :cry:
I don't feel ready to stop co sleepign yet! K wakes up several times a night and it sounds stupid but I dont like the thought of him being all alone in his chilly room with no heating ... and of not cuddling up to him :cry:
Help me get through it! and to work out how to continue doing it for the time being when the work is finished :flower:

Why not just put him in your bed for a few days? We always just coslept with them in our bed...worked best for us that way

we cant sleep in our bed as they'll be working in there ... I dont trust the bed settee for LO, its really uncomfortable with big ridges in it and its too squidgy :(

how about a mattress on the floor for everyone?

Yes I was going to suggest that as well, move your mattress in and sleep on that, we did that when moving house! Plus if your not ready you can't make the transition you wont keep him there!

another for the mattress on the floor idea, we did it when moving house before the bedroom was ready for a week and it worked great!

Another vote for the mattress on the floor- esp if there isn't heat in his room and he's used to a warm cuddle when sleeping :thumbup: When we got a bigger mattress last winter, we never bothered buying a frame- works better for us now that she's crawling since she can get off the bed safely on her own.

Hmm good idea! Should be much more comfy than the bed settee :) Now to work out if we can fit the mattress in the spare room! what would you put by the sides of hte mattress to stop him rolling onto the floor?

when we did ours we had the 2 sofas in the lounge on a 90degree angle to each other and put the mattress so it sat flush against them on 2 sides. that way it worked like a wall as the sofas had a solid bottom. Have i explained that properly? Basically he couldn't roll off as the sofa bottom was there.

Otherwise if there is a wall you can put it up against? and lastly if theres nothing I'd probably put a pillow on the floor so if he does roll out then its a comfy landig.

James used to wake up and roll off himself and go exploring round the room (he crawled at 5 months much to my dismay!) so always make sure that the room is safe in case they do xx

aww I thought when I read the title someone was forcing you! But if you do the mattress on the floor like the other ladies suggested it should be fine? Sofa cushions at the sides, rolled up towels etc....

I loved co-sleeping, abigail actually was in our bed with us, but I was willing to put her in a crib right up against our mattress so it was an easier transition than going from in our bed...straight into own room.

Shes been in her own room now for nearly 3 weeks and I hate it tbh, it was OH that initiated the move just before she turned 7 months as he knew if it were upto me she'd be a teenager still in our room :haha:

It was freezing the other night and she woke, I felt her hands and she was really cold to the touch! I felt awful even though she had a bazillion layers on...so for the first time since she was around 3 months old I brought her into our bed....it was sooo nice, made me miss co-sleeping even more :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->