Being induced on 6/4

laceyinthesky

Reaction score
At my check up yesterday my doc said I was 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. He wants to induce me on June 4th at 39+4. (I have a bicornuate uterus and he said the baby's head is in a good position to deliver.) I have no idea what to expect! Has anyone else been induced?

I am not sure but did as I am being induced tomorrow at 39 weeks but I did not want to read and run...During my last appointment doctor said that I was between 3 1/2 to 4 cm and 80%...I can let you know in few days...

Wow Sasha at almost 4 cm you may go into labor on your own, but chances are good your induction will "work" wonderfully. Back on topic, if your body is almost ready the induction should be great, if you are closed or not ready at all it can be a long drawn out process. I was induced with both my girls and the first was great, the second was awful. This time I wont let them induce me, I really want to go into labor on my own

All my family and friends that were induced less than 4 cm had a grueling painful labor from induction and all did not do it again.

You should have a choice unless medically required.

I told my doc I wanted to go natural, so she scheduled an US for the week I am 2 weeks past due...if baby needs to come out then...we will discuss it again.

I am not sure but did as I am being induced tomorrow at 39 weeks but I did not want to read and run...During my last appointment doctor said that I was between 3 1/2 to 4 cm and 80%...I can let you know in few days...

I have heard good induction stories as long as 4 cm or more....good luck!

I hope I can get up to 4 cm before then as it's too weeks away. :/

I hope I can get up to 4 cm before then as it's too weeks away. :/

Ohhh I hope you can too! I have been sitting at the same dilation less than 2 and 50 % for weeks.

This baby has no intention of moving quite yet, silly boy....I believe the baby comes when they are good and ready....

Just an update...I was induced on 5-22-2013 and when I was checked that morning I was 3 cm. I was there at 6am they have started process at 7am and he was born at 8:22pm...he was 7lb14oz and 20 in long...I did have epidural tough and so I have felt no contraction...I did feel when I had to push which is good... at 2pm I only progressed to 4cm however by 6pm I was 10cm but did not start pushng until 6pm because Nickolas was still at negative 2 so we waited for him to drop more so I did not have to end up pushing for 4 or more hours...I pushed for 2 hours and 22 minutes but had minimal tearing so long story short I have had a very good experience...very tired but happy to be home with my little family :thumbup:...good luck laceyinthesky, you will do great

Congratulations, Sasha! Glad to hear it wasn't too painful. I'll definitely be getting an epidural if I can. Thank you so much for the update!

Just an update...I was induced on 5-22-2013 and when I was checked that morning I was 3 cm. I was there at 6am they have started process at 7am and he was born at 8:22pm...he was 7lb14oz and 20 in long...I did have epidural tough and so I have felt no contraction...I did feel when I had to push which is good... at 2pm I only progressed to 4cm however by 6pm I was 10cm but did not start pushng until 6pm because Nickolas was still at negative 2 so we waited for him to drop more so I did not have to end up pushing for 4 or more hours...I pushed for 2 hours and 22 minutes but had minimal tearing so long story short I have had a very good experience...very tired but happy to be home with my little family :thumbup:...good luck laceyinthesky, you will do great

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->