Being induced on monday 3/11/14

Vix6584

Reaction score
Have to admit feeling very scared about this. Baby originally due on 22/11/14, now being induced on monday (will be 37 +1) due to gestational diabetes and baby's weight has dropped again. This is first baby and don't really know what to expect with labour in general, I have had no ante natal classes due to all classes offered to me were out dated so I'm basically trying to go with the flow. I am excited to finally meet little one but feeling scared at same time.. weird emotions going on. Going into labour itself was something I was getting prepared for, been having a lot of braxton hicks lately and been clock watching a lot.. but to finally be given a date of when it will happen is very daunting. Feel very emotional as the pregnancy has been a rollercoaster ride throughout, with 2 bleeds in the first trimester I believed to be miscarriages. Then at 12 week scan baby having a megacystus of the bladder which could have been fatal, luckily this resolved... and then at 29 weeks finding out I had gestational diabetes and baby's weight instead of going up which was feared is actually doing the opposite.... I am hoping everything turns out ok on monday, I have a little fighter who has defied the odds at every turn, hope they do it again and all my recent scans have been bogus and little one proves them wrong...
Also emotional as today is mine and hubby's wedding anniversary, everything happening at this time of year.

Also just got phonecall from docs for a flu jab, am hoping this isn't going to have bad effects for the induction on monday.

In general with the induction I am hoping it is quick and easy, I have been told it could take a maximum of 3 days.

What a good little fighter! Hope he/she keeps it up!
if you are favorable for induction (soft, dilating, starting to slowly efface on your own, etc) it should be fairly close to typical labor. I was induced with ds#2 and was simply given pitocin. 22 hours labor in hospital but I the epidural that was given about halfway through seemed to slow things down. ( for me 22 hours was normal as with ds#1 I was in labor naturally for right at 24 hours.
best of luck!

I've just been told today that I'll be induced on the 13th November (due 26th) if my cervix is favourable. Good luck on Monday please keep us posted so I no what I can expect when I have my induction in 2 weeks x

I'll be getting induced next friday at 38 weeks 2 days, because of GD and preg induced hypertension. I look forward to it. My advice is if your going to have an epidural, which I am, ask for it straight away as soon as they put you on Pitocin drip, if your having that. In my last pregnancy I was induced due to pre e and I suffered for a long time before a nurse finally had pity on me and demanded an epi. To me the pitocin brought on the contractions faster and harder, and more painful in my opinion. Good luck! And I look forward to reading your birth story. :flower:

Good luck. I hope it goes well for you. Breathe and try to stay relaxed is my only advice xx

Thanks for the advice ladies :)
For the moment trying to keep myself composed before the big day... not easy.
I am considering epidural if the pain gets unbearable (I have heard induced can be more painful) I do have a strong pain threshold but that will be tested on monday.. so if it does get too much it will be the epi... really don't like the idea of a needle in the spine though, so it is a last resort for pain killer. Apparently what will happen according to midwife I saw, my cervix will be tested and if in good stead I will be going straight on drip to induce the labour. Either way whatever happens won't be leaving hospital without baby in my arms... so I really am hoping that things work first try and get the ball rolling and get it done.
I will let you guys know what happens for future reference on inductions and my experience, but won't be until I get back home to my computer... I am a bit of a technophobe and don't really know how to use my phone online lol

Good luck ill be thinking of you. I'm getting Induced Nov 10th (bc of medical issues) ill be 36 weeks 4days. It's super nerve wracking but WE CAN DO IT !!!!!!

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->