Being induced tomorrow :nope:

mommatoabeaut

Momma of 3
Reaction score
:nope: Tomorrow I am being induced as my SPD is so severe I can barely move. I have been refused a section so vaginal birth it is.
I had SPD with my 2nd child and the Labour was absolutely horrendous. Midwives ripping my legs open and all sorts. It was so bad I suffered PTSD following.
But this isn't enough for them to agree to the section and this time round the SPD is much much more severe. I'm currently on 60mg cocodamol 4x a day and 50mg tramadol every 8 hours.

I AM BRICKING IT. LIKE IF I COULD RUN AWAY AND NOT DO THIS AT ALL..I PROBABLY WOULD. I haven't slept more than an hour a night in months..so I'm concerned about how I'm going to deliver with next to no energy. I KNOW WHAT AWAITS ME... So my anxiety is through the roof. I feel so stupid it's unreal. :cry:

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Sending prayers!

What country are you in hun. In UK they can't legally refuse you a section.

I am in the UK. I have brought it up at various appointments with my consultant (well his minions as he's never around) and always the same answer. I suffered PND after my first and then the second with the PTSD that took me 3 years of drugs and therapy to get over.
I didn't bond with my children at all when they were born. I didn't have that instant connection, more so with my second. But I missed out on so much I don't wanna resent another child if that makes sense . I wanna feel what it's like to have that instant feeling of love and connection.

You poor thing I can't imagine what you are going through. I am really shocked they won't give you the ok for c section as two of my friends have had elective due to traumatic exoeriences first time round. Where abouts are you? Fingers crossed this time round goes very quickly for you. Ive always been induced and my 3rd one was just over an hour from first contraction to delivery and was my most positive experience, i hope this is the case for you too hun. Good luck xx

It is NHS policy that you can insist on a CS even without a medical reason. If you are not in for your induction already I would consider kicking up a fuss.

I'm in Wolverhampton.

First gel is in. Waiting on first examination at half 6 to see if these contractions are doing anything. As with my 2nd I contracted like mad and just wouldn't dilate. I haven't even seen a doctor at all today

Keep us posted i really hope things progress really quickly for you! X

2nd gel in. Contracting but it's not doing a great deal. Got to wait 24 hours now.
The pain of the SPD is worsening I can barely move to get to the toilet or wipe myself . It's embarrassing. Why must I be tortured

Try saying you don't want to wait more you are going to walk out if they don't give you a section! They might say no but they might just say okay. If the induction doesn't work it will end up in a section anyway.

Even after 3rd gel.
I'm still at 1-2. Cervix is still too far back they can barely reach

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"