being seen for the first time today - 7 weeks

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Is this really late to be seen? (Almost 7 weeks)

When would we usually see the midwife?

I'm a bit worried that its so late, & I've never even seen my own doctor before & I have to have DD along with me, I hope the doctor doesn't say the word baby otherwise DD will figure out what's going on lol

Ooft I'm jealous! You're actually being seen pretty early... I didn't get an appointment until I was 11 weeks, it was torture!

I saw my midwife last week at just over 7 weeks back again next week to book in properly and have bloods taken, she will then arrange first scan. I'll be almost 10 weeks when I see her, hope I can get in for a scan quite quickly after that appt!

That's really early. I won't see a midwife until 12 weeks, I confirmed it with gp at 6+2 only because people said to get it done sooner to ensure 12 week scan at 12 weeks and not later, otherwise I would've left it another week or two. How could that be being seen late, it's only 3 weeks after af was due.

That is very early, drs/ midwives here won't even ask to see you til 9+ weeks unless you request it for various reasons.

Well I saw the doc. Just for paper work, blood pressure & to give me my wee sample pot for when I see midwife (on the 25th)

He also felt my tummy not really sure why?

I'm just dreading seeing someone I know booking in & having bloods done eurgh I hate it.

he did say about baby luckily DD wasn't listening :haha:

Some doctors feel your stomach to see if theres any pain, that's all.

I have my first appt this week at 7w2d for a sono and to go over everything with doc. Its early but as I've had two previous ectopics we need to rule that out asap. My sisters never got in before 10-12 weeks, so I'd consider myself lucky if I were you.

I'm not in the UK but I think thats early too! not late.. I think its a great time to be seen! my dr says as long as you come in by your 12th week for your first visit you're fine. They prefer you come sometime between 8 and 12 weeks. I went in at 4W4D this time around and my dr wondered why I came in so early.. haha it was just for blood work and a conformation though.. I won't get a REAL appointment until the 24th.. pap and dating scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->