• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

belly piercing

cupcake

Mommy of a gorgeous boy!
Reaction score
hey,
has anyone kept their belly piercing throughout pregnancy?
does it stretch?
should you rather take it out?
could it be harmful?

thanks

I took mine out once I started to bump out at 16 weeks. You can get a special bar to put in during pregnancy that is curved different or something so it won't stretch. You can wear one of those throughout the whole pregnancy, but you'll have to remove it during labor.

Hi
you can pregnancy bars as katrinadoodles said
I wore one nearly all the way through but it bacame uncomfortable towards the end and the only time i had to remove it was for scans

thanks girls,

looks like it might just be time to take it out once i start to show
o well had a good 5 yrs with it :)

i still have mine in and im almost 36 weeks is not hurting or nothing so just left it in

Ive got two belly piercings, my doctor told me to get a plastic one or something. Not sure where to get them from or if it is going to do any damage exactly, but Im going to get a couple anyway just incase.

xxx

I have belly button pierced and i have the following person on my favs on ebay for when i get a bump they have a few plastic stretchy belly bars hope this helps

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/Internati..._W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6571399QQftidZ2QQtZkm

if i do take it out
will it close?
or just stretch?

I took mine out last week at about 15 weeks - mainly because people kept commenting on it poking through my top! I've always loved my piercing, but love it more now as DH and me get to stroke my growing belly with no interference. It's also less of a hassle when applying moisturiser - in my opinion anyway. On the other hand my twin sister used a plastic bar right the way through her pregnancy with no problems.

With regards to your last question, mine has already started to close x

I took mine out as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

It has stretched and it looks disgusting in my opinion. Obviously cant comment for every one else as every one is different. Mine hasnt even healed and by the looks of it I dont think it ever will. :(

oh no babybean

can we have it stitched up - so it doesnt do that?

mine never warped or healed up
weird huh?

well it wasn't like a huge hole, you couldn't really see it, it looked more like a blemish.
the day i came home with Jack i just put my bar back in ( the pregnancy one) the couple of weeks later when belly had gone down i put my normal one in and its still there
Not that i show it off any more LOL

I took mine out before I found out I was pregnant, just because I was kinda done with it... It closed right away, and I have a scar on the top part. Now that my belly is growing it looks a bit stretched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->