Belly Question

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
:blush:I just have a question: For how long does the baby stay so low in the pelvis area? When I do the doppler its always a about 6 inchs above my hair line(sorry if thats TMI lol) but I was laying in bed and I kept getting this feeling under my left breast, I dont think it could of been the baby because that seems really high up. So I was just thinking when does the baby move up into the abdomen area??

im sure they do, but i dont think your uterus is quite that large yet.... its grows as your baby grows.

I'm going to be 22 weeks this wednesday and my uterus is only just above my belly button.

According to my book your uterus at 16 weeks can be felt about 3 inches below your belly button. So baby will still be quite low! Im only now starting to feel movement near the top of my uterus but for the most part it's still fairly low down. So don't worry over time it will grow up into your stomach.

At the moment my uterus is about 2 inches above my belly button. I don't think your uterus pushes on your stomach until weeks 32-35.

ur baby isnt that low for long--- after 12 weeks it should be up higher and not pressing on ur bladder so much and u can measure from the bone down there up to the top of ur uterus and shoudl be about equal in cm as ur weeks so at 20 it shoudl be about 20cm at 25 about 25 cm and so forth but u could be off a week or two in either direction

When I listen to the HB with the doppler the baby always seems to be on the right hand side about where I think my ovarys would be, just seems low, but is it?

I don't think it's too low at all VanWest. When I was around your stage the doc would always find the heartbeat not too far above the hairline. Don't worry, baby's lay however they feel most comfortable.

i agree with mango here --except mine seems to like the left side---

My baby likes to lay in the lower right part of my abdomen and kick on my left side alot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->