Best carrier (and position) for feeding newborn in?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Question's in the title really. I've breastfed two babies for over a year each but I never really figured out feeding in a carrier or wrap. This time I'll have a newborn who needs to come on the school run, so I'm thinking being able to feed them on the go would be very useful for times of cluster feeding etc, so we can still be on time.
So: Who's fed a baby, particularly a young baby, in a carrier or wrap? What carrier do you recommend? Any advice on positioning? I've got a Moby Wrap, a Manduca and a sling, so I'm pretty well set up. But still don't know where to even start. :-D

I am interested in the answer you get as I am kinda in the same boat :)
My YouTube research has lead me to think a ring sling will probably work out ok but I am worried it is not as easy as it looks!

I found a couple of interesting videos on how to breastfeed in the Most wrap. I only ever tried sliding baby down, so trying to feed with baby sitting up, which did not work for me. There's another technique where you have them lie horizontally, so I'll definitely be trying that. I never managed the ring sling technique either but probably worth another shot?

i tried to do horizontal in my moby wrap and it was OK, but not super convenient

I've used the Boba woven wrap, nice because you can adjust it while wearing baby for getting in and out of nursing position.

Still have to support baby's head but I pull the wrap off my shoulder whatever side he's feeding from and support his head.

He was kind of diagonal against my body, not sitting upright but also not completely horizontal.

I had to do the same - baby and school run. I used a manduca and it was ok, but I find any carrier awkward to feed in. I have two lillebaby completes now and LOVE them. Wish I had them from newborn! Manduca had this dead zone where baby is way too big for legs in, but way too small for legs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->