Best days to ttc?

TOHARD2TRY

Reaction score
Hello all

Me and my husband have been trying for over 4 years with no luck? I know none of you are doctors on here.. but when is the best days to start ttc? I had my period 13th of April and finished 17th April? In which we have been bedding since then , I've heard stories about not trying straight away after period :/.. hoping I've not messed up lol.

And my period before that was 8th of march to the 12th of march!

Thanks girls xx

Hii!! I read over the internet that it all depends on your average cycle lengths... so if you have a 43 day cycle like me, then most likely i will ovulate around cycle day 21/ (half way through your cycle is when u may ovulate) and you may ovulate on day 14 for a 28 day cycle. Sperm lasts for approx 3-5 days, so i would say making lUv every 2-3 days is good... i do know that countdowntopregnancy.com has calculators as estimators! goodluck babe xoxoxo

Do you use OPKs or chart? The month I got my BFP, we BDd the day before, day of, and day after ovulation. And a bunch before that too. I don't think starting too early is a bad thing

Studies show that the best day is actually 2 days before O. With DD1 we DTD 3-4 days before and DD2 2 days before and the day before ☺

Do you get ewcm? Because when you do then time to get busy!!! Little swimmers LOVE this fertile mucus.

I suggest at least using the opks so you can get an idea of when you ovulate if you're not sure. That helped me feel a lot more confident we were bd'ing on the right days. It seems like you have quite a long cycle (at least the one from march was long), and using an app like Fertility Friend might help you discover some patterns in your cycle.

I'm wondering if you've visited a doctor, since four years is quite a while to not have any luck (plus sounds super frustrating!). If I were you I'd want to make sure everything is ok-not just with you, with your man's sperm too. You may want to try every other day just to change it up since if the sperm quality is low it may need an extra day to replenish. Best of luck!

Your best chance to get pregnant is in the window from one day before to a few days after you ovulate, but the tricky part is knowing when you ovulate. Using OPK would be great, but you should know the little tricks how to get it correctly. Take test, possibly at the same time of day. Keeping a watch on CM, cervix position and charting BBT might also help. When you ovulate depends on your cycle length, if you’ve short cycle, If you have a short cycle, you could ovulate within days of your period ending. Then making love immediately after your period ends might be fruitful. However, if you have long cycle could mean that you won't ovulate until two weeks after your period has ended.
From current dates, if you have 25 days cycle length, then you would probably ovulate on 27th April. That is considering the fact that most of the women ovulate on day 14 of the menstrual cycle (with day one being the day you get your period). BDing on and around the days of ovulation maximises the chances of conception as Sperm can live for three to six days, but the egg is around for only 12 to 24 hours.
Have you ever been to FS? 4 years is certainly long period to TTC and you might need to look for other factors as well.

You are better off starting a few days after your period particularly if you have a 28 day cycle, start on about day 8 as it is possible to ovulate as early as day 10 and u should really dtd a few days beforehand and not wait until you ovulate. It's recommended quite a bit to dtd every other day so there is always living sperm there waiting on the egg. You should look up the egg meets sperm plan ... it's supposed to be quite effective. Hth :)

Just basically have sex every other day... if u know roughly when u are going to ovulate based on previous cycles/opks. then time it so that having sex every other day falls the day before u will ovulate, then have sex the day u ovulate and for good measure the following day just incase :)

If u don't know exactly when you are going to ovulate, start using ovulation tests! very important. If you don't know just make sure you are having sex every other day :)

I ovulate on cycle day 19 sometimes 20. as i have longer cycles :)

try having a google. Look at the smep plan/The sperm meets egg plan

Thank you all for your advice! I do opks and have tried sperm meets egg plan! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"