Best form of BC?

MoonMuffin

Mom of 2!
Reaction score
I need to get back on BC, my pills ran out and I need an alternative. I don't trust myself to take a pill everyday (have forgotten in the past :dohh: ). So I just wanted to know what all your experiences are with other forms besides the pills, I've done some research and think I know what I want, but I would love to hear some personal opinions on what is best.

I have the implanan implant rod. I like it, i used to forget the pill too. I've had some spotting about 3wks after I got it for about 2wks and that was it.

My husband is in another country right now and that seems to work pretty well for us ;), now when he comes back for good I plan to stick to charting but it does require a bit of dedication, I just don't want to mess with hormones.

I've been off my pills for 2 months now and hubby and I have just been using condoms.

I also use condoms but a friend of mine, who is a nurse uses some hormone patches... She says they're just as good as the pill but not so aggresive...

My husband's aunt got pregnant with the implant, and my husband's mother got such a bad infection she had to have a life or death op which lead to having an hysterectomy, so in our family it does not have a good name.

We always use condoms, and as we have never used anything else it feels fine. I have read stories about them breaking but I don't know if it just a myth. As long as you put them on properly and respect the sell by date it should be fine.

Did try the pill before meeting my husband, but was for my spots, I was a virgen at the time, and stopped taking them as many doctorts thought it could be making my anxiety worst.

I have the implant. As far as i know, it has the same rate of effectiveness as the pill (if the pill were taken properly everyday) but if u take human error into account, its much more effective than the pill!

The first month that i had implanon, i had hormonal cystitis- which is not fun! N bleeding is quite random, but (like u) i didnt trust myself to take the pill, n at least i dont have to think about anythin now.

I was on the depo injection for 6 years while I was at uni and started jobs, buying house etc. It was fab as a long term thing, no af for 6 years either. Unfortunately it has taken a while to get out of my system once we decided to TTC (so I don't think I would go back on it until we were sure our family was complete), but other than that it was great, I did not put on much weight with it and it completely stopped my mood swings...

I've heard the implant is good. Just want to say from personal experience that after being on the pill for 2 years without using condoms as well I don't think I could go back to using them full time. We tried at one point on the days off that I wasn't bleeding and neither of us enjoyed it as much as without. That's just how it works for me but it might be somthing to consider!

Beca :wave:

If you don't want to take bc I would just stick with good old fashioned condoms.

One of my friends is on the Depo shot and she LOVES it. So does my mom.

I am fine with the pill. So I can't really say anything other than that.

I used the nuvaring for years and loved it. I did 3 weeks in, 1 week out, but a lot of gals used it 4 weeks, some with 1 week off, some put in a new ring right then (and skipped their period).

I'm a no-hormone gal :)

I use the ladycomp and condoms! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"