Best formula to avoid constipation?

makemeamammy

Reaction score
As the title says really, my LO has been suffering with constipation ever since I stopped breastfeeding her a few weeks ago after combi feeding for about 6 weeks when she had no issues with constipation. She is on aptamil.

We've only ever tried sma other than that when she was very little and she broke out in eczema so im wary about switching as don't want to give her any skin issues (it runs in the family).

Hv said it was just because of not getting breastmilk anymore and would settle but others have said to switch formula so which should I switch to. :shrug: any advice greatly appreciated? Xxx

Aptimil Comfort would probably help with constipation.

Could you maybe wait it out with Aptimil 1 for another week or so just to see if your LO doesn't just need time to adjust?

Your LO is over 6 month so I assume having solids? Can you try and give her food to help with the constipation? pears, prunes in porridge etc?

If not, Aptimil Comfort was very good for my LO's constipation

Aptimil Comfort would probably help with constipation.

Could you maybe wait it out with Aptimil 1 for another week or so just to see if your LO doesn't just need time to adjust?

Your LO is over 6 month so I assume having solids? Can you try and give her food to help with the constipation? pears, prunes in porridge etc?

If not, Aptimil Comfort was very good for my LO's constipation

Hi, I'm quite happy to stick with aptamil at the moment as I feel like it's probably the best one out there. I've been stuffing her full of prunes, pears, lentils etc for weeks now and took her right off proper meals like spag Bol, fish pie etc but I've put her back on them the karst couple of days as she can't just live on fruit and lentils and I feel like this is an important age to try out new tastes x

If you are giving her things like fish pie, spag bol etc you can stir a teaspoon or half a teaspoon of rapeseed oil in before giving it to her, this will help with the constipation too.

In fact my LO has been constipated the last 2 days and this afternoon i stirred a teaspoon of rapeseed oil into his yogurt and it worked pretty much half hour later.

If you are giving her things like fish pie, spag bol etc you can stir a teaspoon or half a teaspoon of rapeseed oil in before giving it to her, this will help with the constipation too.

In fact my LO has been constipated the last 2 days and this afternoon i stirred a teaspoon of rapeseed oil into his yogurt and it worked pretty much half hour later.

Ooh I will defo try this! The thing is she is managing to go every day, usually twice or more so it's not like she's blocked up it's just that what comes is usually very very hard and she screams when passing it. But then next time she goes it might be fairly soft and cause her no issues. She's also developed what looks like a little skin tag down there so I'm going to take her back to the doc incase it's a heamarhoid although it doesn't seem to bother her. :shrug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->