Best friend is 17 and pregnant

AFriendInNeed

Reaction score
Hi, my best friend of 6 years just told be that she is pregnant. It's only been a few days since she found out. I'm in utter shock and a little disappointed... We come from Chinese background so having non-marital sex is no no, let alone a BABY. Feelings aside, I really need help on how I should support her in the time to come. If you have any advises, please please please share them with me. I will be more than grateful to you.

That's so sweet of you to care for her like that. Basically, the best thing you can do for her is be her support and shoulder to lean on. Pregnancy isn't easy, so she'll be needing the support.

If anything specific comes up, feel free to pm me. I was a teen mom too.

Well you are doing the right thing by being supportive and not judgmental. If her parents are from China originally and not well adjusted to American culture in this regard, perhaps talking to them along with your friend would help?

She is lucky to have a friend like you. She definitely needs emotional support. I think you should talk to her parents regarding this. But I don't know how her parents would take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->