Best friends wedding/possible due date - WWYD?

jtr2803

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Hubby and I started TTC in June and it looks like unfortunately, due to illness, we've pretty much missed this cycle and will be on to cycle 3 in a few weeks.

My cycles are just starting to even out having struggled with a short luteal phase. I was just playing around with dates in FF and it appears that if we were successful next cycle my due date would fall on the weekend of one of my really good friends wedding. If the wedding was local it wouldn't be a problem but its not, its a few hundred miles away from us and would involve a weekend away.

She's a great friend and id love to be there so I've toyed with missing a month TTC but time is just moving on and I don't want to delay if I can help it. Hubby just says what will be, will be - not very helpful! My Friend knows we are TTC so it wouldn't be a surprise to her.

Just wondering what you'd do/did do?

That's really hard. I don't know! I guess I Would Keep ttc. If it takes awhile to get a bfp you will always wonder if that could have been your month. Maybe you will go a few weeks early and then you can bring the baby!

Something to keep in mind is that some airlines won't let you fly after a certain number of weeks and even if you could, considering comfort and such.
The choice is yours and your husbands I just thought of possible flight complications (unless your driving that is).

My BIL is getting married next June (10 hrs away) and if I get pregnant soon there's a good chance I'll miss it. My dh and I had a talk about it and we're going to keep ttc. We don't want to miss an opportunity and my bil would be totally supportive. I would love to attend, but after 7 months of ttc I'm not willing to put things on hold and wonder what could've been. They are having a reception up here a few weeks after so either way I'll get to celebrate with them.

No matter what big events have happened we've always kept trying. Peace of mind of not missing the chance and at this point we would have seriously regretted it. Family and close friends should understand if you have to miss on account of a little one if it should happen. Just my opinion, hope it helps.

I personally wouldn't stop ttc either. They'll understand if it happens, any good friend would! So like everyone else said, I'd continue ttc if I were you :)

Your hubby is right, what will be will be

Thanks everyone, I am pretty sure we will carry on TTC as there's no guarantees!

I have to miss my bff's wedding in Guam because my daughter decided to arrive early. I was one if bridesmaid. But, being good friend she totally understood. These things are not for usto ddecide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->